Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, BoH doesn't proc. It's a click. 10/18 is an amazing ratio, and if that sword was usable by other classes it would be like 10k (but its bard only so <2k).

11/23 (or anything beneath 0.5 ratio) is pretty poops. 0.5 is 'standard' ratio for weapons. 12/24 is fine for offhand, though there is better (like that jagged blade of mourning).
Well, maybe BoH and Jagged Blade then, until it's time to get the Singing Short Sword.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Wanted to second CHA being only useful for Lull, which you only need if you want to. If you avoid really tightly packed dungeons, you'll be fine, especially given you have access to charm and mez which go a long way themselves.

For armor, just gear like you would a warrior, with the bonus int and cha aren't completely useless stats. For weapons I suggest Guardian Mace and Breath of Harmony.

As for zones to 1v1 tank and spank, somewhere outdoors in the old world is probably best, as velious and kunark mobs hit a lot harder. Indoor dungeons are probably find too if you're up for a bit of a challenge.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wanted to second CHA being only useful for Lull, which you only need if you want to. If you avoid really tightly packed dungeons, you'll be fine, especially given you have access to charm and mez which go a long way themselves.

For armor, just gear like you would a warrior, with the bonus int and cha aren't completely useless stats. For weapons I suggest Guardian Mace and Breath of Harmony.

As for zones to 1v1 tank and spank, somewhere outdoors in the old world is probably best, as velious and kunark mobs hit a lot harder. Indoor dungeons are probably find too if you're up for a bit of a challenge.
It was a mistake leaving High Keep at 37, some of the Guards were still good experience. That zone is just frustrating sometimes because of how overcamped it can get.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

As for anything below 0.5 being terrible, I'm still using Double Lamentation on my 45 Ranger (9/19, 6 Str, 6 Sta, 20HP). Is that terrible too? Because those two weapons are still serving me quite well. I intended them to be the placeholders for Swiftwind/Earthcaller.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for anything below 0.5 being terrible, I'm still using Double Lamentation on my 45 Ranger (9/19, 6 Str, 6 Sta, 20HP). Is that terrible too? Because those two weapons are still serving me quite well. I intended them to be the placeholders for Swiftwind/Earthcaller.
Lammy's suck for their price IMO.

Get a jade mace for your primary at least. You'll actually see a decent damage boost from that alone.

Then get a Sarnak Parrying Blade for your offhand.
Last edited by bradsamma; 06-25-2019 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: I have a better answer.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, so Crustacean is out. In that case, what 7-piece armor set (Helm, Chest, Arms, Hands, Legs, Feet, Wrists)would you guys recommend for a halfelf Bard that would be a good hand-me-down for a Dwarf Paladin later?

Ideally, the other gear I plan to have on my Bard:

Breath of Harmony
Guardian's Mace
65HP Ring x2
Orc Fang Earring x2
Dire Wolf-Hide Cloak
Sash of the Dragonborn
Imbued Granite Spaulders
Crystal Spider Eyes
Old 06-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

If you really don’t want to swarm I’d suggest melee til 27 then you get a mana free charm that can easily lvl you in dungeons solo til 46 when you get your third drum dot where then you have a couple options to take you into your mid 50s solo without swarming. Then your best options are duoing if you don’t want to swarm you can literally duo very successfully with any class outside of a Paladin/Sk/Cleric due to lack of DPS if you get creative. And this will be FAST exp if done in the right places the right way. All slower than a proper swarm kite.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

TBH you could just throw on some small bronze and be able to melee most things with the rest of your gear. Slow and haste fill in so many gaps in just pure face tanking a mob solo.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH you could just throw on some small bronze and be able to melee most things with the rest of your gear. Slow and haste fill in so many gaps in just pure face tanking a mob solo.
Assuming I go Crustacean and pass it on to my Paladin later, is that Cha penalty going to hurt a Paladin that's called upon to Lull enemies for pulling?
Old 06-26-2019, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming I go Crustacean and pass it on to my Paladin later, is that Cha penalty going to hurt a Paladin that's called upon to Lull enemies for pulling?
You would get more crit resists, yes.