Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Orc

Exclamation Classic UI Thread

Last edited by dualentity; 03-13-2015 at 10:59 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

If it's the same one from before it has a lot of bugs and crashes often.
Last edited by Stinkum; 08-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Sorry for confusion I edited my other post because I saw you responded to the first time without seeing my other comment.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Glad to hear it.

I personally insist on playing P99 in "Windowed" mode, so, the 640x480 resolution isn't really practical, since my native resolution is 1,400+ and it just ends up being a situation where I have to play P99 in a tiny ass window. Otherwise I would use this.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

First up, thanks for working on this. At least I am not the only one who is a complete masochist when it comes to wanting classic windows.

Quote:
- The effects button on the right hand side cannot be placed there properly without rendering the rest of the UI useless due to interface pieces not having the functionality to allow the user to click "through" transparent portions of the UI to click on the viewport. The bar on the left next to the spell bar is essentially the bar that pops up when you press alt+w, thus I'm sure you can understand why the "Effects"/buff button needs to be placed in that area like I'm demonstrating in my screenshot. Ultimately that's probably what's going to happen, but I feel that the thoughts of those who would be using it could help be beneficial.
I believe P99 has the ability to add custom windows on a per-need basis so it may be possible (via the injected DLL) to add in window elements that you would need. Your best bet would be using something like MQ2 (NOT ON P99 WITH THE DLL OF COURSE, YOU WILL BE BANNED) to test adding a new window similar to what MQ2 does with a button for effects, then submitting the MQ2 plugin to nilbog/rogean/kanras for review to add the window to the client. You'd want to just add a window that: 1) has a button that says effects and 2) loads from the UI folder and can be made transparent for standard UI use. MQ2 has the capability to add windows like this.
Quote:
- The class icon on the front of the interface cannot be displayed (to my knowledge) without first opening the inventory because of the fact that it requires access to the class name to properly display that image. When in the inventory, you don't even see the icon...so what should I place there as an alternative to help fill in the interface? I'd assume you'd not want it to stay bugged as it is even though it's such a minor cosmetic issue.
You should be able to display that icon on any client window, it's simply a function or two that you'd need to hook to display it regardless of window state. (and possibly on another, static window as mentioned above).

Quote:
- The persona area (front view image of player) to my knowledge also cannot be displayed, as I'd assume this is something EQ originally did using multiple rendering viewports back when that UI was the only interface available. I'm pretty sure that this cannot be accomplished via scripting and although I won't be able to render that, I'll still be able to replicate that area with a static image to fill in that portion of the UI and allow for click drag and drop equipping/inventory fill as it should.
Today 05:24 AM
This has been broken (internally, via SOE) since the DirectX 8 update of 2001(ish). God help you.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Banned

very exciting thread
Old 08-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Aviak

The bardage screenshot is me from my private server, I feel famous!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualentity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone confirm if pet health bars were around during this time? I currently have them disabled but want to know if they were or not before I completely strip that code from the UI.
The entire pet window UI element not classic.

In classic, you had to type /pet report health to see how much HP your pet had.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualentity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant pet health on the group window, not the pet window element.
No.

This classic screenshot shows grouped members with pets up, none of them have pet HP bars under their names.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

If nothing else, forcing this UI while medding is entirely classic.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Didn't get as much done as I wanted last night due to groupage ingame, but here's an update screenshot of the inventory currently, not nearly as botched as it was before.

http://puu.sh/3WOjN.png
Nice work.