Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

Default Monk Gear Upgrades

I have a level 56 monk I’m trying to get to 60 with Fungi/TStaff/Seahorse Belt. The rest of the gear is mostly resist or very average. I mostly have been soloing in the Hole due to sporadic play time. I’ve saved about 130k thinking I might try to buy beads but I don’t want to farm the rest of the plat.

My question is what droppable upgrades would be the best bang for my buck to improve my solo efficiency? I was thinking of upgrading to CoF and Belt of the Great Turtle. I read a thread from awhile back saying the regen on the belt didn’t stack with Fungi. Is that still the case?

Open to any other suggestions anyone can think of. Thanks in advance for the help.

Barlu/Larrybird/Gyanlenie
Old 06-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Forgot to mention I have epic as well.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Max worn regen is 15. Fungi by itself is already 15, so Aura of Battle only adds ATK and not regen.

Solo efficiency? Dunno, but bio orbs are amazing for pulling
Old 06-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing that will really give you more noticeable soloability imo is more hp/sta. The 5% haste on the CoF over belt really isn't going to make or break anything you're doing at the moment and into 60 by yourself, and in groups it hardly matters as well. If it were me, I'd just keep saving for the beads as you're pretty well set up with other stuff.

Turtle belt can't be worn by a monk anyway.

A CoF would help with the HP as well though, so if you really wanted to swap the belt for the cloak, you could put some HP into the belt slot that way. Beads are definitely a quality of life improvement though and do change the game quite a bit.

Of course you could always just play with a bag of stalking probes and see how much of an impact they have on your game before you decide to commit to beads. Maybe you'll just decide you want to buy some hp armor mq's instead.
Last edited by Ravager; 06-16-2019 at 12:33 PM..
Old 06-16-2019, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for all the feedback and didn’t realize Belt wasn’t monk usable. Noob on my part.

I guess I’ll probably just buy the CoF and keep saving for the beads/orb. It should hold its value relatively well.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it were me, I'd just keep saving for the beads as you're pretty well set up with other stuff.
I agree... Beads are such a game changer for a Monk. It just completely changes the way you play the class. You will be able to chain pull any zone while DPSing and take little to no damage, so your gear becomes less of an issue for the primary job groups want you to perform. You already have a Seahorse Belt which is just fine for haste while leveling to 60. A lot of droppable gear you could blow that 130k on is quickly replaced at 60 if you plan to frequently attend any raids.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

bio orbs >>>>> beads for pulling. Fight me.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bio orbs >>>>> beads for pulling.
I haven't been able to find any Bio Orbs for sale yet, but I've had my beads since near Velious launch and there's no pull I haven't been able to pull off with them yet. They're even super useful for the current ToV meta where a Bio Orb wouldn't be near as effective.

Also, you have to stop DPSing mobs in camp and run around to go click a Bio Orb, whereas beads are maximum lazy mode with no running around needed outside of super long range pulls.

They're also fun to throw on random alts and chain pull for groups while staying in camp to buff/heal/nuke etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fight me.
The gloves are on!
Last edited by Sajan; 06-16-2019 at 11:52 PM..
Old 06-17-2019, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

From your current gear, there isnt much droppable you can purchase that can significantly change your soloing experience.

If you want better stats, some items on top of my head - living thunder earring, cof + rbg, maybe eye of narandi; everything else you will pretty much replace with no drops easily so not sure about buying expensive droppable for those slots

Of course you can consider beads or bio orb to improve your pulls, but this won't significantly improve your solo experience; monk soloing to 60, the issue is never about pulling (at least from my experience) . But it will be a good investment and you will be keeping it for group/raids
Old 06-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Personally you should go for an anklesmasher to snare runners or https://wiki.project1999.com/Small_Manisi_Plant to summon unlimited bandages, but I am just a bard so what do I know.
Closed Thread