Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Default Earliest obtainable magic gloves/weapon for monk (Qeynos)

I'm playing around on a non-twink Qeynos monk.

I know about the netted gloves from Frogloks but those are really far from Qeynos. What is the lowest level magical gloves or blunt weapons a monk can get on their own starting from nothing in Qeynos other than tailoring Wus gauntlets?

Any feasible weapon for them to be able to do willowisps while they'll give exp?
Old 06-19-2019, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Splitpaw Hide Gloves if you hang out in the Karanas enough? Might be heavier than desired but a possible option (ie at least a chance someone will sell them cheap / donate)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Really going for self sufficiency on this toon.

But yeah that really may be the earliest available. I can't seem to find anything on the wiki in the area.
Last edited by pallius; 06-19-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

After a lengthy search of the nearby zones, I found this tiger somewhat nearby in Kerra Isle that can drop magic gloves. But the mob itself is like lvl 20
Old 06-19-2019, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After a lengthy search of the nearby zones, I found this tiger somewhat nearby in Kerra Isle that can drop magic gloves. But the mob itself is like lvl 20
Yeah that's on my list worst case.

Making up my game plan for the new server. Might actually just have to do a run to Innothule.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

A lvl 8 mage can summon a (terrible) magic 2hb
Old 06-19-2019, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

There are frogloks in the sewers that drop netted gloves, level 7, but the drop rate sucks. The camp is tough to split at that level, but the zone to the bank is nearby. You might get lucky. There is a level 12 spider in lfay that drops 5hp gloves, but I'd wait till you had feign death before trying for those, just because of all the brownies in the neighborhood.

Warren's has gloves and shoes you can get at 22, but it's a tough split untwinked. Doable though.
Last edited by Ravager; 06-19-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

I know it’s not close, but a highly coveted item in ALS for lowbies is the iksar beserker club from kurns
Old 06-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Go to the warrens, get pit fighters hand and foot wraps, both magical both easy to get. Stay around long enough and there is a nice waist item you can get too. Xp is amazing and you can make decent money as well.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Kill Trumpy Irontoe in qeynos. Take his head to butcher block. Receive a 13/50 2hb with +10 Mr. Blood forge two handed hammer iirc.

Farm diseased animals for pelts to hand in to temple of life. Use that to fund a combine warhammer. Most combine weapons have a good vendor resale value. Just not the great staff though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are frogloks in the sewers that drop netted gloves, level 7, but the drop rate sucks. The camp is tough to split at that level, but the zone to the bank is nearby. You might get lucky. There is a level 12 spider in lfay that drops 5hp gloves, but I'd wait till you had feign death before trying for those, just because of all the brownies in the neighborhood.

Warren's has gloves and shoes you can get at 22, but it's a tough split untwinked. Doable though.
The trick to splitting them is aggro a low level mob close to one but not the other. The close one will assist the low level but the further one won't.
Last edited by Jimjam; 06-20-2019 at 02:28 PM..
Closed Thread