Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, good luck buying your mama stone for 2000pp on green.
Manastones and guises will be sold for DKP, whether for the item, or just holding the camp. I'm sure the guilds who will lock it down already have the conversion rate calculated.

Pure speculation on my part, but that'd be one way to game it. I know it wouldn't be classic, but it'd be cool if they made legacy items like that drop from any mob at all at an appropriately low percentage rate and level that it still feels classic, because if you think Stormfeather is a shitshow, just wait for those camps.
Last edited by Ravager; 06-25-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Old 06-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Bro-tip: bind on the spires, not in the actual Firepot room itself. One of my two regrets from kunark. The other was loaning my second locket to VD for guild use. Bastards took it to BDA when VD split up....

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like some items that sold for a lot on blue may not actually sell for that much because the expansions will be on a much quicker time frame. I paid like 90K for a dragon hero bracer in Kunark on blue. We thought Velious would never come out so that BiS purchase was worth it when joining TMO or paying them for it was the only option to obtain it. Why would I pay that much on Green when much better solo farmable Velious items will be available in like a year from Kunark launching.
Last edited by zanderklocke; 06-25-2019 at 08:05 PM..
Old 06-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

90k was worth it at the time though, imo. I paid 125k for a CoF at one point. I don't regret it because it was years before the price came down and I got more than my plat's worth from its use. I think I paid 120k for a fungi too, got plenty of use out of that one too and I've given away a couple since then. Can't regret things like that. If you wanted it, you wanted it.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get too caught up in the items I use as examples to illustrate a point so that you don't see the point itself. Either that or you are just choosing to ignore it. And yeah, it took me 4 months to get to level 40 because the character that is about to hit 40 was like my 5th character as I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to really level up. Now that those irrelevancies have been discussed...

Of course I won't be able to get a Tolan's bracer 4 months into green because they won't exist as it's from Kunark. It was just an example of an item I'd like to get. Substitute any desirable item from pre-Kunark in it's place if you'd like.

I understand what you're saying with it taking time for items to trickle down through greed rolls. That is the same regardless of what era the server is in and it's really not germane to the discussion. Items can and obviously do come available to purchase and it doesn't take that long.

My primary point in this whole discussion is that in a game economy that is bloated with cash, items that have inherent value cost more because there are a large amount of people with money to spend and that puts upward pressure on prices. This is basic macroeconomics. When you come into that economy with nothing as a new player, affording things many others will take for granted is harder for you. A fresh start on a new server means you come into the economy with nothing but so does everyone else. Where you go from there is up to you but at least you're not 10 years behind.

If you think that doesn't matter to someone who is new, let me ask you a couple questions. First, we have seen very recently a bunch of bannings for RMT transactions. Why would people spend real money on an emulated version of a 20 year old game? Secondly, who do you think most of the people buying stuff with real money were? Newer players or people that have been playing here for 10 years?
No-ones reading these long whiney posts
Old 06-26-2019, 05:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No-ones reading these long whiney posts
Obviously you didn't read it if you think there was anything whiny in it. Also, if you think that was long, what are you 10 years old? Grow up bud.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously you didn't read it if you think there was anything whiny in it. Also, if you think that was long, what are you 10 years old? Grow up bud.
No, u grow up pal
Old 06-26-2019, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

I intend to stay on blue personally and enjoy the lower population for a while. I really hope they don't allow the ability to box both servers at the same time.

Definitely going to watch the madness of Green on Twitch. Will probably make a character after a few months when the initial madness has died down.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I consider anyone who likes classic EQ to be part of my community.

It makes me a little sad that there are players here that think that if you are part of another server, that you are some how not someone that you would love to be around, given the opportunity. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As long as you want to talk lore I dont care if you are red green blue or purple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, you make a good point and I totally get where you're coming from! I definitely wasn't saying that people who are going to play on Green aren't people I wouldn't want to interact with eventually on Blue.

It's more of a logistics concern of how merging the two populations (who will have had vastly different leveling experiences) will work exactly...

But! I am going to refrain on thinking about it any more until we get more information! No use worrying about something based on speculation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 06-26-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Thought I'd abandon blue for green when it was announced, but now in hindsight I have no desire to start fresh to ultimately get to exactly where I am now
Closed Thread