Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: I am Joe Biden's Brain.
Still good. 19 23.75%
Barely functional! 8 10.00%
Hanging on for dear life!! 9 11.25%
Corn Pop was a lying dog faced pony soldier, fat. 34 42.50%
Joe Biden was on Flight 77. 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it like you were gonna be Speed Racer except instead of the monkey you had a crew of five sexy girls who would wax your car and cheer you on as you won every race? I bet it was that specific thing. Anyway, nothing like a 2nd mortgage to kill that dream, right?
You know it, baby. I was gonna taste the rainbow with a harem full of sexy scantily clad women from every corner of the earth, except that really big corner, south of Europe; as is my due, being the pinnacle of human evolution (Anglo/Nordic)
Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-05-2020 at 07:32 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am i understanding the thread right?

Why is Biden dropping out of a fighterbomber?

Is this like when mayor of London, Borris Johnson (now pm) paradropped into the London 2012 Olympic ceremony?
Off Topic be like that.

Question - was the f35 intended for dogfighting and if not why are you voting for Biden?
Old 08-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump wasn't going to lose until Covid. Now it's anyone's ball game. I think Biden wasn't going to run until Covid hit, the democrats realized it's hard to unseat a sitting president. Especially when the economy is rocking. They were going to offer up someone that couldn't win as a sacrifice. Like Booker.

But now the economy isn't rocking. It's in shambles. There is an actual opportunity. So they put in their Aged Ace. Their Hail Mary.
Are you stupid? We are like 3 points from nasdaq hitting 11k?

4 of my mutuals are up 40% or more for the year?

Sorry you have 0 dollars and live with mom?

Apple Splitting in a couple weeks due to 2 trillion fucking dollar cap?
Old 08-05-2020, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Off Topic be like that.

Question - was the f35 intended for dogfighting?
It has a terrible wing loading and an okay thrust-to-weight ratio. It implies an a/c which will have a fairly wide turn radius and that'll bleed energy rapidly in any sort of hard maneuver. It does not have enough of a T/W advantage over its likely opposition to be able to reliably over-power them the way an F-4 could dance on the heads of MiG 17's back in the 60's. The vision out of the cockpit is not great. Nearly any purpose-built fighter will exceed its performance in those areas. A close-in knife-fight will play away from its strengths to put it mildly.

It's at its best destroying enemy from a distance when the other guys don't even know it's there and for penetrating enemy air defense. It has an excellent radar and very good missles and datalink provides excellent situation awareness of the larger battlefield. It should be effective as an interceptor provided it can be waiting for its targets in advance; it isn't fast enough to run stuff down. It should also be very good as a tactical bomber which I suspect will prove to be its primary use.

The Navy version has a much greater wing area and may wind up somewhat better in a close-in fight, although this is mostly a side-effect of the Navy wanting lower landing speeds and more fuel capacity. I prefer to think of the F-35A as a modern take on the F-105, mainly a bomber with secondary air-to-air capability. The excessive cost will hurt it as its users will have a hard time fielding enough of them and also likely prove hesitant to place it in harm's way.

This ignores its great many teething troubles and delays, which taken together could fill several volumes. It's a troubled program. In the end I expect it'll prove to be a functional aircraft and decent at several specific jobs, but one that'll never live up to its lofty original goals even after all the cost overruns....shades of the F-111 program. History repeats except this time we don't have McNamara to blame.

Danth
Old 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

stop talking about stupid jets no one cares, none of you will ever fly one or even look at one in real life

this is the joe biden thread
Old 08-05-2020, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Why is every thread in this forum ruined by libtards and poor people trying to act like they have money?
Old 08-05-2020, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has a terrible wing loading and an okay thrust-to-weight ratio. It implies an a/c which will have a fairly wide turn radius and that'll bleed energy rapidly in any sort of hard maneuver. It does not have enough of a T/W advantage over its likely opposition to be able to reliably over-power them the way an F-4 could dance on the heads of MiG 17's back in the 60's. The vision out of the cockpit is not great. Nearly any purpose-built fighter will exceed its performance in those areas. A close-in knife-fight will play away from its strengths to put it mildly.

It's at its best destroying enemy from a distance when the other guys don't even know it's there and for penetrating enemy air defense. It has an excellent radar and very good missles and datalink provides excellent situation awareness of the larger battlefield. It should be effective as an interceptor provided it can be waiting for its targets in advance; it isn't fast enough to run stuff down. It should also be very good as a tactical bomber which I suspect will prove to be its primary use.

The Navy version has a much greater wing area and may wind up somewhat better in a close-in fight, although this is mostly a side-effect of the Navy wanting lower landing speeds and more fuel capacity. I prefer to think of the F-35A as a modern take on the F-105, mainly a bomber with secondary air-to-air capability. The excessive cost will hurt it as its users will have a hard time fielding enough of them and also likely prove hesitant to place it in harm's way.

This ignores its great many teething troubles and delays, which taken together could fill several volumes. It's a troubled program. In the end I expect it'll prove to be a functional aircraft and decent at several specific jobs, but one that'll never live up to its lofty original goals even after all the cost overruns....shades of the F-111 program. History repeats except this time we don't have McNamara to blame.

Danth
F22 was sposed to fill the fighter role. F35 isn't designed for that purpose so critizing it from that angle is pretty lame.

Diversity, strength, etc.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are you voting for Biden?
I will not be voting this year but I think they will have me vote by mail.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:12 AM
Fire Giant

Book not up.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not be voting this year but I think they will have me vote by mail.
I usually vote twice, once in NJ and once in NY because I was going to sell my NJ house but never did so I just stayed in both places. Like they asked me to pick a primary residence and well I stay 3 days in one and 4 days in the other or the other way around and I have cars registered in both states so my primary residence is the one that I'm at at that time. Whatever. These people don't know what they fuck they're doing, or rather they don't talk to teach other same difference.

I'm only concerned about the local races. That's why I vote twice, for the local guys around my property and such, don't care about the president I mean I do but NY/NJ that vote doesn't count for me.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because I'm really concerned about the mail-in business. I don't care if they change my vote to Biden, but I need the local slate to go full red. Local blues all they do is increase school taxes to enrich the teachers union and try to close my gun ranges.
Closed Thread