Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: I am Joe Biden's Brain.
Still good. 19 23.75%
Barely functional! 8 10.00%
Hanging on for dear life!! 9 11.25%
Corn Pop was a lying dog faced pony soldier, fat. 34 42.50%
Joe Biden was on Flight 77. 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So did i, and ill whoop your ass in 3 seconds
Everyone here went to public school except Lune and Zodium, that’s why they’ve never worked a day in their lives and are committed communists on behalf of overs who actually know what a day’s labor means
Old 08-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although Kennedy is speaking specifically about going to the moon the sentiment can be applied to most situations:

If somebody wants something bad enough they'll find a way to achieve that. When we started working at a food bank 6 years ago I met a lady that came in once a week. Broken english, tattered clothes, barely functional car, etc. you get the picture. It took her 2 years to finally turn things around but when she stopped needing to come to the food bank and started wearing nice new clothes we asked her what had changed. She said she looked for opportunity (that wasn't available for a single mother from Pakistan) and worked hard at it. Last I heard she drives a $70k Lexus and owns a home that's nicer than ours.

So yes, things can be hard. If a single Pakistani mother can come here with a child and two suitcases of things and become who she is today then I see no reason why others can't do the same; American born or otherwise.
Is there enough opportunity for all to achieve that simultaneously? 🤔
Old 08-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

https://rvat.org/#homePageStories

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Kennedy was an actor and we def didn't go to the moon.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bruh, you didn't grow up in that neighborhood, sorry you grew up in a cul de sac.

Look though, you're not wrong, the only way out is to break the chain, but the reality is that breaking that chain is drastically more complicated than you're portraying it to be. I've met a lot of people in my life, the vast majority of those people live kind of shitty lives, but they grew up with a real support system, they grew up with a community that wasn't crime ridden, they had all the opportunities they needed, and most of those people fucked it up. Badly.

I've met a few people that grew up in a real shit hole of a life, and they fucking fought, and they had mountains of awful shit they had to deal with but they came out on top and they made it and I'm super happy for them. But that's hard. If you can't empathize with that you're just another elite, disconnected from reality and you don't really understand what its like to have to deal with actual shit.

So no, I can't actually imagine that its as simple as "just not getting into that lifestyle" for people who don't have a stable home life, don't have a positive support system, live in a crime ridden community, and aren't even aware of the opportunities you've pointed out because they can't even get that far to realize they're there.
So you advocate for tearing out and dismantling the path and possibility of egress, so everyone can live in squallor the same, since some people are too stupid to carpe diem, and "its hard"?
Old 08-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there enough opportunity for all to achieve that simultaneously? ��
That depends. If you're addicted to heroin, smoking a pack of cigarettes per day, showering infrequently, and refuse to tidy up your tent and do your laundry regularly your lifes gonna suck, and the aesthetic is gonna be trashy as fuck no matter how much money you have, or how much govt assistance youre getting.

You can put a worthless no class junkie in a golden mansion and theyll still smear shit all over the walls.

Given that there ARE junkies and losers who will always be junkies and losers is it important for the achievement package to have a capacity of "all"?
Old 08-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although Kennedy is speaking specifically about going to the moon the sentiment can be applied to most situations:

If somebody wants something bad enough they'll find a way to achieve that. When we started working at a food bank 6 years ago I met a lady that came in once a week. Broken english, tattered clothes, barely functional car, etc. you get the picture. It took her 2 years to finally turn things around but when she stopped needing to come to the food bank and started wearing nice new clothes we asked her what had changed. She said she looked for opportunity (that wasn't available for a single mother from Pakistan) and worked hard at it. Last I heard she drives a $70k Lexus and owns a home that's nicer than ours.

So yes, things can be hard. If a single Pakistani mother can come here with a child and two suitcases of things and become who she is today then I see no reason why others can't do the same; American born or otherwise.
Do you have a link to her premium, please?
Old 08-08-2020, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given that there ARE junkies and losers who will always be junkies and losers is it important for the achievement package to have a capacity of "all"?
Yes. I know of people that got out.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone here went to public school except Lune and Zodium, that’s why they’ve never worked a day in their lives and are committed communists on behalf of overs who actually know what a day’s labor means
I work, but it's for Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism, not survival. If laborers would learn to advocate for themselves instead of for me I wouldn't have to do it for them.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I went to public school (save for a single year I went to a private school) but that was before going to public school was considered an insult. Does it still count?

Danth
Closed Thread