Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 08:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ended up rolling with a druid. I have no idea if we will get to end game but the two classes seem to work well together. Plus it will be nice to have an easy method of exploring and making some extra plat when needed. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

You're gonna need heals. Without C druid mana regen is horribad. Shaman is best to duo with paladin. Or necro, then you wont need heals.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Ya with a druid it's going to be slow but if that doesn't bother you then you should have fun.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:38 AM
Aviak

The nice thing is though when the druid is of a level when clarity really matters, you'll be able to port to WC and swap clarity for sow.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

A Druid is less efficient at healing with a tank duo but that team can grind almost anywhere. Ports, evac, snare. Harmony outdoors, lull indoors. Tracking.

Efficiency wise you can Snare-fear animals for the pally to swack, charm and have him watch your back, or aggro kite with snare and flame lick.

A classic tank n spank method isn’t as good with a Druid especially with mobs that could use a slow but you can still easily grind to max level if you pick your targets wisely.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

The only way this duo will wreck is sticking to animal zones. Druid can keep a charmed pet and regen on pally, and fear kiting animals will be useful. At 45 pally can easily self heal after fights with Deepwater helm while the druid focuses mostly on the pet who when hasted will probably do 3x the pallies dps or more. Should be fun at 50+, can spend a lot of time in kedge/chardok charming sharks/dogs.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

These are new characters ya'll, they will be fine for many levels just doing tank-and-spank and not using Charm if they don't want to. The damage shield Druid has is very good/efficient DPS and they can add DoT's on top of that. I would have the Paladin in this duo focus on being the healer and let the Druid spend all their mana on offense (except for keeping regen up). That method could be fine all the way until Level 60 actually; just focus on fighting low blue con mobs. I would personally want to be fighting in places where I could Charm as a Druid, but if the duo just wants to experience another area together, it's workable.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played an enc to 60 and a paladin to mid 40s on blue, I can't think of a better duo choice for paladin than enchanter. The enchanter might have better choices for a duo partner but paladin is still top 3.
Classes I'd much rather duo with as an enchanter:

Cleric, Shaman, Necro, Enchanter, Druid

@OP - definitely best off sticking with charming animals on your path to max level...you'll hard carry the duo and the pally will be there mainly to assist you. Straight up tank and spanking with you healing is going to be a lesson in futility unless you add some more people to your groups.
Last edited by kjs86z; 08-10-2020 at 12:41 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classes I'd much rather duo with as an enchanter:

Cleric, Shaman, Necro, Enchanter, Druid

@OP - definitely best off sticking with charming animals on your path to max level...you'll hard carry the duo and the pally will be there mainly to assist you. Straight up tank and spanking with you healing is going to be a lesson in futility unless you add some more people to your groups.
Paladin with decent (for level) gear won't over-stretch Druid healing vs. low blues until after level 50. Paladin just needs to focus on AC and then more AC, with enough +STR to not ever be encumbered (Druid +STR buff does not at all hurt.) A Paladin can fairly easily (tho somewhat slowly) solo to 50 with that approach, it'll be far faster partnered with a Druid. If the Druid works out how to use charmed pets effectively it'll be even more effective in appropriate zones.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

still shaman
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread