Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok so the problem I am having is that the summoning of dread quest is available at dubious rep level and with a human rodcet nife cleric. You get the text, all seems fine. I am now amiable with heretics and the NPCs will not mention anything about the summoning of fright or terror quests. There's no diety requirement on either helms and no mention anywhere in my exhaustive search that says you need to be a cazic-thule cleric to do these quests.

So my question now is are the summoning of terror and summoning of fright quests locked behind the symbol of cazic-thule quests and therefore only ever obtainable by clerics that follow that diety? If so why is there no mention of that anywhere? That's a crazy huge detail to omit from every wiki and website describing all of this. Never once has this detail been mentioned and I've spent hours researching all this.

On this page for the quest https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?quest=673 multiple people are claiming that the quests are not hard locked to cazic-thule clerics. Lots of people are claiming they can do these quests. It makes no sense that I can get the dread forged shield and complete the summoning of dread quest as a rodcet nife cleric just fine but not the other two. Something is broken.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

My friend Aelu had a Brain of the Ishva Mal. I just logged onto Aelu and tried to multiquest the Brain to Aisar above me, but it failed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just FYI, questers, this may not be MQable currently. The Wiki claims it is, but it just failed despite the NPC giving both of us the quest text.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

You actually need to be Cazic-Thule or Innoruuk for the quests.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by scala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You actually need to be Cazic-Thule or Innoruuk for the quests.
Can you please provide the link to a source or clear evidence supporting this or is this information from personal experience? Just claiming that the quests are deity locked puts a +1 for yes deity locked but we need a lot more than that to tip the scales towards that conclusion.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

We can now say without doubt that one of these two results are correct:

There's a bug on P99 Green allowing non cazic-thule and innoruuk clerics to receive the introductory quest text for the summoning of dread quest leading the player to believe the quest can be undertaken and completed OR,

There is a bug on P99 Green that is not allowing clerics that are human or erudite with the required heretics faction to undertake and complete these quests. I say these because we still don't have solid evidence one way or the other as to which of the three quests, summoning of dread, summoning of terror, and summoning of fright can be done by a human or erudite cleric with appropriate heretics faction level.

One way or the other let's make sure players know for the future and don't get into this situation.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The reasoning being is the actual quests aren't up to date.

if you look on http://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric

it says:
Innoruuk-worshipers can get the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk and other Innoruuk-only Cleric Gear. Also their faction lets them complete quests for Dread Forged Shield, Fright Forged Helm (an instant-clickie that gives See Invis and Infravision), and Terror Forged Mask, which are difficult for other religions.
Humans can also worship the following gods, but none of them have symbol quests, just different cultural items
Also this information here: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1125 Says other clerics cannot use it.

i cannot say for certain but i think these paineel quests are actually supposed to have a Diety text on the bottom like this item http://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk
Old 10-30-2020, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

There are no quests in EverQuest that require certain religions. Quests never look directly at what deity your character follows. The only thing that matters is faction standing. You could follow any deity, and if you have sufficient faction standing, you can do the quest.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Aviak

I am Quellious and I have the Dread Forged Shield. -___- not true
Old 11-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was pretty sure it didn't require a particular deity. If that was true you would see way more people claiming such when you do your research. It's not even a thing anyone talks about.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Aviak

Understood. Just commenting that the wiki isn't all-knowing