Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

I feel enchanters are over powered as well.. could have been made into two classes. One class specializing in charm/Stun/slow.. the other specializing in melee buffs/mana regen and CC.

I do like the comment made about moving clarity to Wizard. That would even things out a lot and force enchanters to use their mana tap spells more often. Wizard with clarity capability would put it on a more even playing field with other int casters especially enc and necro. For wiz even if it was like a short duration self only mana regen spell would be fine. Help to alleviate the long med breaks.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 09-28-2020 at 02:07 AM..
Old 09-28-2020, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

As an example here is my X/Y coords before/after being hit once with no video lag compared to alt tabbing to simulate P99 video lag.

No video lag:

1.76, -2215.70
1.78, -2215.74

No lag delta:

.02, .04

Video lag:

1.87, -2215.87
2.02, -2216.11

Lag delta:

.15, .24

Basically a 5-10x increase in push distance from a single mob attack with some video processing lag. I'm fairly sure this is a big part of why channeling failed more often in classic as I imagine the client still resulted in more push if you had video processing lag which would have been common back then when EQ was a new game. More movement from mob attacks resulted in higher failure rates as we've always known channeling was more or less successful depending on the delta of your movement at start and end of casting.

This makes all casters easier than they were in classic but also makes charming significantly easier as casting the Enchanter AE stun, charm, mez, etc would be difficult with such exaggerated pushback.

In short, P99 Enchanter charm is similarly broken to Bard AE kiting with the reasoning that it was not technically capable to so easily cast through melee back then on the systems we had. I rest my case. Possible but risk was significantly higher same as Bard AE kiting.
Last edited by azxten; 09-28-2020 at 02:18 AM..
Old 09-28-2020, 02:21 AM
Orc

What about necro, mage, even bard?

Enchanter pets are not strong at all past like level 20. They get owned by blues and have no regen and the enchanter does not have heal pet. Charm is also not reliable, at least for me until later levels and more charisma. On green I was getting charm breaks under 30 seconds OFTEN while leveling. They just started holding reliably after 200 + Charisma and even then it is RNG.

Mesmerized mobs retain their low health if you are still in their vicinity. If you outrange them or reduce vision with sooth then mez will start recovering their hp.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Its like everyone forgot that a lot of the changes on this server are because of some random 15 year old’s post from 2000. Wonder how many of the changes put in so far are accidentally incorrect. Having played since day 1 i can tell you a few things here are wrong but of course i have no old forum post to convince anyone
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its like everyone forgot that a lot of the changes on this server are because of some random 15 year old’s post from 2000. Wonder how many of the changes put in so far are accidentally incorrect. Having played since day 1 i can tell you a few things here are wrong but of course i have no old forum post to convince anyone
tbf this is what real academic history is like too so it's probably the best that can be done.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True to a degree. They tend to only change small things without an insane amount of proof. Small things, such as the way the golra's path on that little isle in Tim Deep. Those you still need proof but the proof can be less strong - it could be some comments or something like that. But major changes need a lot of solid proof.

As someone who has been here since 2010 and have submitted bugs, had some things changed, I can also tell you that I was wrong a good bit too in my memory. Many people here are in their 40s+, our memory aint the best, lol...so I have learned, even at 2010, to not trust my memory when it comes to details in this era.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:43 AM
Sarnak

The spirit off the game was in forcing people to group. Ench have become the ultimate anti-group anti-classic class. Running through various dungeons picking named camps off solo.

A prime example is Estrella. I was in kedge a month ago and estrella had wiped about 10 castle players attempting her. While I was helping them cr an ench came in and solo killed her which apparently is how she is normally killed on pop.

Nilbog, please review this in the spirit of classic. There appears to be one class manipulating the spirit of cleric and denying others the grouping experience by soloing group mobs easily that they should not be able to.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

Coming soon to a Kunark near you. 15 solo ench in seb holding named camps. 75 people waiting at zone in for an ench to log off hopefully before another ench zones in.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know how Enchanters were in classic because I didn't play one and really didn't pay attention.

But they are the strongest class by far at this time. It's not even close. If there is a tough camp somewhere, more likely than not there's a chanter there. I mean just look at lguk at any off-time.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

The only thing broken about chanters is that charm lasts way, WAY too long. Remember when Dire Charm became a thing... and suddenly enchanters became capable?

That was why. Charm should be breaking *constantly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm is also not reliable, at least for me until later levels and more charisma. On green I was getting charm breaks under 30 seconds OFTEN while leveling. They just started holding reliably after 200 + Charisma and even then it is RNG..
Your experience with charm breaking < 30 seconds should be the experience of a classic/kunark/velious enchanter with 255 cha. This spell should be lasting like 100 seconds on a perfect RNG roll and 10-50 seconds otherwise.
Last edited by azeth; 09-28-2020 at 08:39 AM..
Closed Thread