Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a lot of good swarming areas until kunark, either. Can't really think of anything past the karana's in classic.
Yea, I scoured the guides for classic spots. Not much in them for it. Have to get creative.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I imagine with so many people trying to level, bard swarming will be:

1) hard to find enough mobs to round up to make it worth the time invested
2) very irritating to the other people out there waiting for a re-spawn after the kite/swarm is completed

But what's new! I am very excited to see what comes up in October no matter what.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will be trying a Shaman for the first time (decided on ogre for Frontal Stun Immunity). Anybody got some good tips for getting out of those crappy early levels asap? Bone chips? other things?
Paging experienced Ogre players! The wiki needs a http://wiki.project1999.com/Oggok_Starting_Guide (like the existing http://wiki.project1999.com/Halas_Starting_Guide and http://wiki.project1999.com/Kelethin_Starting_Guide).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Things I am trying to balance in my early (1-30s) experience

1. Fun / Interesting zones (areas I didn't explore 15-20 years ago)
2. Not super crowded, not completely desolate
3. Not having to bounce around too much

What leveling zones do you guys think will be crowded to the point of reducing fun? I am expecting to avoid Gfay/Crushbone, Commonlands/Ro and maybe Blackborrow?

Any ideas on fun, less crowded areas? Probably depends on what race I end up playing, some ideas being
Nektulos > Lavastorm > Najena > Solusek A
Feerott/Innothule > Rathe > Guk
Everfrost > (blackburrow?) > Permafrost

Also, will Paineel / Warrens / Stonebrunt be available at launch? I know on live at least Warrens and Stonebrunt came later.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, will Paineel / Warrens / Stonebrunt be available at launch? I know on live at least Warrens and Stonebrunt came later.
I think Paineel was always there (unless Erudite Necromancers started in Erudin at launch?) However those other two definitely won't be available at launch, so Erudites will (classically) have to head over to Qeynos once Toxx turns green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Paineel was added god knows when, but it isnt classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

well its classic to all you guy's standards but to mine, its an abomination :P
Old 08-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Erudite necros had their trainers and spell merchants in a hut near the druid ring in Toxx. Paineel was only added much much later.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
about the necromancer, Knowing nilbog (not personally) that won't be a thing.
They've always implemented timeline-specific things, even when it meant changing it shortly after (such as binding at the pots for Kunark launch, or the alliance necklaces at Velious launch). If they don't include ALL of the original era specifics, then it's breaking cadence with what they've always done, and going against their stated manifesto. Unless green server is not intended to be a classic-timeline replica; which seems highly unlikely at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Paineel was always there (unless Erudite Necromancers started in Erudin at launch?)
Paineel wasn't in the game until 11 months after launch. Evil Erudites started down at the bottom of Toxxulia Forrest with nothing but a few skill trainers and vendors. That was by far the hardest starting place in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel was added god knows when, but it isnt classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

well its classic to all you guy's standards but to mine, its an abomination :P
Paineel the city is pretty cool, but the newbie area they added is dumb. Can tell they just threw it in to give low level Erudites a more viable place to level up.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel the city is pretty cool, but the newbie area they added is dumb. Can tell they just threw it in to give low level Erudites a more viable place to level up.
Im having a hard time bringing myself to agree with you but I agree the city is cool.

BUT ITS STILL AN ABOMINATION [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are lots of lower-level mobs in Lake Rathetear and Rathe Mountains. I wonder if people will actually kill them on Green!! That would be so cool...
Closed Thread