Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Large Bat

Perfect. thank you Rogean.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killmiceelf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's feasible to force velious ui, it's feasible to force classic ui.

The .dll already has the hook, just need a working classic ui, which I believe exists.
Sorry, feasible could have had multiple meanings. I meant feasible in the "feasible for our all-volunteer force with their limited time/resources to make those client work with P99" sense.

I'm sure on a technical level, with infinite time/resources, it's absolutely possible to make P99 work with any client ... or even with an Atari 2600! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Large Rat

No-one said to use anything except the Titanium client.

I suggested the USER INTERFACE, which is the furthest thing from a client.

They have the ability, as we can see with the VELIOUS USER INTERFACE.

The CLASSIC USER INTERFACE is readily available, they would need to alter a few tweaks.

I don't know why you're getting so defensive.

It's an elementary task, seriously.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

All this talk about the classic interface... one thing that most (probably everyone) now playing the game has a widescreen flat panel monitor. Back in '99 we were using square CRT monitors.

The classic interface worked on those smaller square monitors, but may be rough today's tech.

Not saying that's a reason not to have it, but I'm just thankful we have something we can set a better resolution on. lol
Old 09-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this talk about the classic interface... one thing that most (probably everyone) now playing the game has a widescreen flat panel monitor. Back in '99 we were using square CRT monitors.

The classic interface worked on those smaller square monitors, but may be rough today's tech.

Not saying that's a reason not to have it, but I'm just thankful we have something we can set a better resolution on. lol
That's a perfect reason to not have it.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Large Rat

But it's classic. Yall want classic but you want QoL classic.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killmiceelf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's classic. Yall want classic but you want QoL classic.
Yeah basically. I want a modern engine with modern functionality for classic gameplay.

I don't need no map, because we're all using wiki's and nParse anyways.
I don't need no compass, because we all know where to go anyways.
I don't need no buff timers, because every buff duration has painlessly been recorded and built into GINA or nParse triggers anyways.
I don't need no pet bar, because GINA will notify me of pet breaks anyways.

But I need my god damn hotbars so that I can press Shift+2 instead of pressing <ARBITRARY_PAGING_KEY> and then 2 instead.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The CLASSIC USER INTERFACE is readily available, they would need to alter a few tweaks.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The user interface and client are kind of sort of ... I dunno ... connected? Just a tiny bit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can make a Titanium client classicly-themed UI skin, but that will be very different from having an actual classic interface (ie. full-screen UI with only a small world window, full book meditation, etc.).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NituWakan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can buy the Surefall ports, you just can't memorize them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though, is there a timeline for fixing this?
Yes, this please. I couldn't care less about the UI changes, bravo for whatever it means, but not being able to port to Surefall wasn't even mentioned in the update. Druid love would be much appreciated. Thanks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The last expansion that had access to the "classic" ui was legacy of ykesha quite a long time before titanium. So no it is not an easy fix to pull that rabbit out of the hat.
Closed Thread