Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedoogan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is this still a discussion? The majority of posters in this thread after that bringing teal would enhance their experience. The poll to bring back teal is overwhelmingly in favor.

Thankfully this isn’t the Olsen days or game of thrones where 2 people decide the fate of the world. The masses have spoken.

Now it’s up to the GMs to decide to do it or not.
Except you just said in another comment that the GM’s view (Galach) doesn’t matter...
Old 05-14-2020, 10:58 AM
Orc

True. I don’t think it is solely up to him. And as I said before it may not be at all.

My guess is that it is up to Rogean.

So.... done posting except maybe to bump.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Banned

consider blue
Old 05-14-2020, 12:26 PM
Orc

The famers just want to be able to lock down camps on two servers again.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Just don't allow duel boxing.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.

And for me the core issue is my wife, a friend and another friends son are boycotting me continuing to take our group to kedge for level 50 group content.

That's not the classic experience my wife remembers or wants and the friends son hates watery deaths I guess because he's under 20.

My half elf warrior wife likes shinies and remembers camping the frenzied, king and efreeti with full groups and she would like that classic experience again. Farming plat and buying it in EC isn't enjoyable. If you're not playing the game as intended and in groups and with friends and family slaying monsters and getting upgrades from them then what are you doing?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah so the real issue comes out. It’s not that everywhere is too crowded, it’s that you don’t want to play in a place unless it’s going to be min maxing your XP and providing you with good loot. Sounds like a real good reason for them to open another server /eyeroll
That's not what he said.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

"My half elf warrior wife likes shinies and remembers camping the frenzied, king and efreeti with full groups and she would like that classic experience again. Farming plat and buying it in EC isn't enjoyable. If you're not playing the game as intended and in groups and with friends and family slaying monsters and getting upgrades from them then what are you doing?" Agreed this game is bout community and going on adventures with your friends. Tubosilk people like cd288 are just red dead players who are now stuck forum questing. Just dont reply to em its a waste of time.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-14-2020, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"My half elf warrior wife likes shinies and remembers camping the frenzied, king and efreeti with full groups and she would like that classic experience again. Farming plat and buying it in EC isn't enjoyable. If you're not playing the game as intended and in groups and with friends and family slaying monsters and getting upgrades from them then what are you doing?" Agreed this game is bout community and going on adventures with your friends. Tubosilk people like cd288 are just red dead players who are now stuck forum questing. Just dont reply to em its a waste of time.
Good point on trolls. Added him to ignore with bigsham
Old 05-14-2020, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ideally this is what you would do, but I believe when everyone was complaining about this happening back when Teal existed the staff said it's not really easily feasible to do.

I mean think about it, even if there was some easy way to try and initially block people from doing that, how do you prevent workarounds? People will just VPN into one of the servers.

Monitoring it in person and applying a boxing test to the player would be a pretty difficult mechanism to have be effective as well. When you don't have someone playing two characters at once in the same place at the same time, how would you confirm they're boxing? I.e. when you watch someone boxing now, what you look out for is potential flags in terms of what the two characters are doing together (e.g., auto-following, only one character moving at a time, etc.). When you don't have the second character for reference, it would be very difficult to confirm if that person is playing another character on another server. You wouldn't even be able to apply the current boxing test to that person because you'd have to be able to ID their character on the other server first, which would be virtually impossible to do if people were using VPNs, different computers, etc.

Saying don't allow boxing is all well and good (and I would certainly love it if that was a rule if they had two servers), but in reality it's not really easy to prevent it.
Closed Thread