Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Only 13 people in Kedge. This is the top ZEM zone in EQ for level 40+ groups why isn't it brim full of peeps? We're here because that's how us min/maxxers roll. Dunno why we didn't start here.

2 friends conveniently found chores to do at home for a while once we had to decide on Kedge. Maybe I can talk them back into group later.

Dangeres, Kanthela and Menderz have room for more in Kedge. Min/maxxers only obviously because that's what we are.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Idk about the rest of you guys and girls, but I think this guy Turbo might have some unresolved issues
Old 05-15-2020, 10:55 PM
Kobold

The merge was shit. I stopped playing after that and haven’t come back. Although life is better now, so I guess thank you for the shitty merge.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:27 AM
Orc

Welcome to the Twilight Zone, where people dream of things that will never come...
Old 05-16-2020, 04:13 AM
Banned

Why does this "play nice policy" allow things like 1 single level 50 to hold down mobs/camps meant for 6 person groups? Or even a duo of high level 40s/50s? How stupid is that? If the rules had any sense or logic to them the GMs/Guides would have probably 50% less interactions with anyone and you wouldn't need to unmerge if camps were being held by actual groups and not 90% 1-2 people at most. Duh duh duh duh should be obvious, especially to 20 year+ vets running this whole thing, but NAH lets instead dedicate n most our time enforcing made-up libtard speech rules and make sure no one is cursing or talking about politics or doesn't have the name Cornhole Butthole than actual solutions to what players have been bitching about on this server since day 1 opening.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does this "play nice policy" allow things like 1 single level 50 to hold down mobs/camps meant for 6 person groups? Or even a duo of high level 40s/50s? How stupid is that? If the rules had any sense or logic to them the GMs/Guides would have probably 50% less interactions with anyone and you wouldn't need to unmerge if camps were being held by actual groups and not 90% 1-2 people at most. Duh duh duh duh should be obvious, especially to 20 year+ vets running this whole thing, but NAH lets instead dedicate n most our time enforcing made-up libtard speech rules and make sure no one is cursing or talking about politics or doesn't have the name Cornhole Butthole than actual solutions to what players have been bitching about on this server since day 1 opening.
That's what im talking about with the classic grouping experience. Some rules should be changed because they originated in blue and don't work in the spirit of greens classic experience.

I propose that in dungeons no one is allowed to solo camp a camp. Whoever is there has to invite people wanting in the camp until the group is full.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what im talking about with the classic grouping experience. Some rules should be changed because they originated in blue and don't work in the spirit of greens classic experience.

I propose that in dungeons no one is allowed to solo camp a camp. Whoever is there has to invite people wanting in the camp until the group is full.
Great solution, force people to invite randoms no matter what. That'll surely "fix" the server...
Old 05-16-2020, 08:13 AM
Sarnak

I think the biggest issue with this discussion, and with a lot of discussions today in general whenever the topic is about making things “better” for a group of people (in this case players in a 20 year old elf-sim game) is the amalgamation of two contradictory concepts when it comes to equality.

There is equality in opportunity:

I want a shot at getting pixels.

There is equality in outcomes:

I am entitled to pixels.

Let’s use a familiar model to illustrate how this quickly becomes an impossible debate. Equality in opportunity is Apples, equality in outcomes is Oranges.

So on one side you have people arguing that we should let people have Apples, and on the other side you have people arguing that we shouldn’t let people have Oranges.

And both sides get angry.

Cheers,

Astuce
Old 05-16-2020, 08:30 AM
Aviak

Only responding because I started back on green during the height of the cov19 lockdown.

I get the vibe that a lot of people that use the "casual" argument really are still spending 4+ hours a day, every day playing this game. Casual seems to more synonymous to being a lower level character (< level 35) than hours played per week when you dig deeper.

If you're actually a casual player and have one or two nights a week you can play at length: even if you got the best xp camp in the game for your level every time you log on, it's going to be a long road. So why stress - give the server a few more weeks when burnout, Aradune and the lock down ending takes some peeps off. There still are plenty of spots to get good cash and XP on this server regardless of the amount of people playing. It is not nearly as dire as some people suggest. And honestly.. your time budget really doesn't support min/maxing or pining over some item that will make you ever so subtly better.

To the some of those people complaining: I really have no faith in your altruism should your timing be right or you finally get to a level where you can capitalize on a good item/cash camp yourself. You would do the exact same thing that these other people you seem to despise are doing. It's the greed and entitlement that is making you angry - even if the person camping is essentially in the same boat as you but just had more time (or better timing) to get the spot you've been wanting.

I've had people like billwilliams message me and accuse me of things when I don't even have a guild or a close group of friends that play - I just put the solid time in to get the camp via a list. So do some self reflection. I'd suggest finding more balance in your life. It's super frustrating that your itemization progress is gated by someone else, but if you're truly in the server for the long haul and not just racing to your next burn out.. maybe you can learn some patience and perspective.

Failing that, you can easily still make progress towards 50 and get money to buy items while sitting on a list (which being higher level will make you way more efficient to camp the item anyway).

As far as new server: I say wait it out til the fall and see how the numbers look rather than splitting the population (again only to have it drop). If the population is still this high all summer.. then maybe look at spinning up another server around Kunark launch. Though I agree with the sentiment you're going to still see the same competition in the higher end camps eventually there too, regardless.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only responding because I started back on green during the height of the cov19 lockdown.

I get the vibe that a lot of people that use the "casual" argument really are still spending 4+ hours a day, every day playing this game. Casual seems to more synonymous to being a lower level character (< level 35) than hours played per week when you dig deeper.

If you're actually a casual player and have one or two nights a week you can play at length: even if you got the best xp camp in the game for your level every time you log on, it's going to be a long road. So why stress - give the server a few more weeks when burnout, Aradune and the lock down ending takes some peeps off. There still are plenty of spots to get good cash and XP on this server regardless of the amount of people playing. It is not nearly as dire as some people suggest. And honestly.. your time budget really doesn't support min/maxing or pining over some item that will make you ever so subtly better.

To the some of those people complaining: I really have no faith in your altruism should your timing be right or you finally get to a level where you can capitalize on a good item/cash camp yourself. You would do the exact same thing that these other people you seem to despise are doing. It's the greed and entitlement that is making you angry - even if the person camping is essentially in the same boat as you but just had more time (or better timing) to get the spot you've been wanting.

I've had people like billwilliams message me and accuse me of things when I don't even have a guild or a close group of friends that play - I just put the solid time in to get the camp via a list. So do some self reflection. I'd suggest finding more balance in your life. It's super frustrating that your itemization progress is gated by someone else, but if you're truly in the server for the long haul and not just racing to your next burn out.. maybe you can learn some patience and perspective.

Failing that, you can easily still make progress towards 50 and get money to buy items while sitting on a list (which being higher level will make you way more efficient to camp the item anyway).

As far as new server: I say wait it out til the fall and see how the numbers look rather than splitting the population (again only to have it drop). If the population is still this high all summer.. then maybe look at spinning up another server around Kunark launch. Though I agree with the sentiment you're going to still see the same competition in the higher end camps eventually there too, regardless.
Good post but Green is here to recreate the classic experience. Join my groups if you mistrust my altruism. I also don't solo camp at 50. Wrecks the classic experience.

If you want to solo to victory and be antisocial I recommend TLP or retail WoW.
Closed Thread