Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's free to play now, so just log on and have a look.

PoK is still the zone everyone hangs out in, near the soulbinder.

EQ live feels like a Christmas tree that someone's been adding decorations to for 20 years. You can barely see the tree now from all the shiny baubles hanging off it.

Progression servers have a bit less junk and so are reasonably playable, but it doesn't really feel like the EQ you remember. I did Agnarr up to Luclin, it was... interesting, but nothing like P99.
I actually still play on cornaiv a bit

dont know why but its actually kinda fun
Old 10-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

The bags really do mess with the integrity of the TLP servers.

On live you swim in bags though if you play for any amount of time so it's no big deal there.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's free to play now, so just log on and have a look.

PoK is still the zone everyone hangs out in, near the soulbinder.

EQ live feels like a Christmas tree that someone's been adding decorations to for 20 years. You can barely see the tree now from all the shiny baubles hanging off it.

Progression servers have a bit less junk and so are reasonably playable, but it doesn't really feel like the EQ you remember. I did Agnarr up to Luclin, it was... interesting, but nothing like P99.
I played equally live about six or seven years ago after not being able to obtain the necessary files for p99(titanium) and I'd say the Christmas tree is a fair description lol. I was shocked, my god what have they done to you ?? I leveled and farmed in the old zones as much as possible, which was til about lvl 80ish. The zones were desolate, maybe one other player would show up from time to time and be gone quickly. As if they were just traveling through. Like the new world was living off the corpse of the old, in retrospect it's a spooky feeling..
Old 10-31-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurionx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The zones were desolate, maybe one other player would show up from time to time and be gone quickly. As if they were just traveling through. Like the new world was living off the corpse of the old, in retrospect it's a spooky feeling..
Yeah same feeling when I was curious. At some point you just release 2.0. You say ok, new version coming! And all your customers are like yay but also oh no. But it works itself out. Because otherwise you wind up with version 1.827377222211c which is the Christmas tree you talk about.

Why not just remove the zones no one uses anymore? Asteroid strike! Why not remove a bunch of features that were added 10 years ago to ameliorate 15 year-old problems that haven't existed in 5 years? Streamline! Get rid of stuff! Make it lean!

Nope, do you like this new ornament? You can buy it for fifteen bucks and it makes this part of the game trivial. We'll patch that later.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah same feeling when I was curious. At some point you just release 2.0. You say ok, new version coming! And all your customers are like yay but also oh no. But it works itself out. Because otherwise you wind up with version 1.827377222211c which is the Christmas tree you talk about.

Why not just remove the zones no one uses anymore? Asteroid strike! Why not remove a bunch of features that were added 10 years ago to ameliorate 15 year-old problems that haven't existed in 5 years? Streamline! Get rid of stuff! Make it lean!

Nope, do you like this new ornament? You can buy it for fifteen bucks and it makes this part of the game trivial. We'll patch that later.
Indeed, almost wanted to cry

Then after getting my wizard to level 80, they offered to allow everyone to auto level one char to 85 and get a set of kick ass armor with focus effects and all for free. I quit not long after that, it truly was like playing a different game altogether.

However, I did figure out how to acquire and install eq titanium a couple years later. I was amazed how many played on blue, and now green. And it was real eq, like I used to know ;-)
Old 10-31-2020, 09:39 PM
Banned

Idk, its not as bad as you decry... I dint have a 40 slot bag on TLP but i do have 3 100% bags i got from raiding. Finished sky quests for the first time ever on TLP... Killed inny and cazic on TLP. I KNOW that doesnt sound like much but on p99 i never once saw those mobs. I have a life afterall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread