Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Default Holgresh Elder Beads Work Incorrectly

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...mp-Eye-of-Zomm

Quote:
Eye of Zomm summons a “roving” eye, that the caster can see through. The duration is 30 seconds. The eye can move at normal speed. It can open normal doors. It can drop down any height without taking damage. It cannot jump. It can swim, but with a skill of 0 (ie, VERY VERY VERY slowly). It does not drown, and does not take damage from Lava.
Here eyes move at selos speed in the water.

Quote:
You cannot click the effect off, so if you want to cancel the effect you cannot unless the eye agro's something and dies. And 30 secs is a looong time when you want it to go !
You can click the eye off here.

Quote:
Now if, once you cast the spell you then immediately FD, when the eye dies you will be just as though you had FD’d after throwing a weapon at the mob (ie, indifferent). The mob will NOT come for you as long as you stay FD

But the mob will have moved off its home spot slightly to kill the eye !!. So if you get back up before the mob has returned to it’s home spot (assuming it’s a static), then it will come for you. This return can sometimes take a couple of minutes. If the mob is a wanderer, same rules as per normal apply for FD. It will continue wandering after a while, but if you get up you might not have been hate wiped, and may have to FD multiple times to clear the hate.
Here you are never added to the FD memory list, which allows Monks to split most camps with absolutely zero risk.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

And eventually of course Verant got their nerf bats out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/16/2002 Luclin Era
This guide is mute now...

Eye of Zomm has been changed to NON AGRO.

You can no longer pull with these.
I'm unsure whether this occurred before the end of Velious or not.
Last edited by Raev; 01-02-2017 at 07:14 PM..
Old 01-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And eventually of course Verant got their nerf bats out:

I'm unsure whether this occurred before the end of Velious or not.
wasn't luclin 4 december 2001 ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 01-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...mp-Eye-of-Zomm

Here you are never added to the FD memory list, which allows Monks to split most camps with absolutely zero risk.
in the same tread:
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ll=1#post92791

Well, I read this post and JUST HAD TO GET ONE...so I did, and now I have one.

I played around with it and found:

If you click on the eye right after summoning it, before you automaticly switch views, the eye will "twitch" and become uncontrollable.

If you summon an eye and then FD, you dont have to worry about any mobs warping to you...nothing will happen accept that your eye will be dead. And I dont believe you will carry any agro if you pop out of FD. I tried this with Naggy and many mobs in Velks Lab and verious places, not once did a mob warp to me once I poped out of FD after it killed my eye.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

The original author immediately corrects him, though. I'm more inclined to accept the opinion of the guy who wrote the guide than a guy who confuses accept and except. Also IMHO it makes far more sense a priori that the player would be added to the hatelist; after all it happens with all other pets.

2002 is luclin era as I posted originally; however it is an end date and the nerf could have occurred sooner.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=zomm

The main issue I've noticed with ours is the water thing. It should be slow as molasses in water (0 Swimming skill slow).
Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
You can click the eye off here.
Should any Eye of Zomm 'buff' spell be able to be clicked off? The spell itself, clay bracelet from mages, holgresh elder beads, etc.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should any Eye of Zomm 'buff' spell be able to be clicked off? The spell itself, clay bracelet from mages, holgresh elder beads, etc.
Classically you couldnt click off any buffs cast on you by other people.

No idea when the change went in allowing people to click buffs but Eye of Zomm could have fallen into this category in terms of coding.

Dald will probably know lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

one poster says Eye can jump, Tutorial guy, says you cannot. So he cant actually be right on his "tutorial"

Quote:
the eye moves extremely slowly over ice

mobs can be indiff to you while feigned but if they see invis they will kill the eye

The eye can jump

dropping it off the top of velks lab spider ramps is great to get multiple pulls, like about 20
Also if you keep reading, you can click it off, after drop nerf.

Quote:

As of the most recent patch,

1. You can now click the effect off.

2. It "appears" they are no longer dropping. Whethr they are just insanly rare, or completelt nerfed is yet to be ascertained, but dont expect to get a drop soon.
he even tells you how to solo pull velk from eyewalling.

Quote:
i did this on accident about 3 or 4 weeks ago. i was in the crystal eye camp and always wondered what was behind that wall. i kept casting the eye to get further and further into the tunnel. probably on my 10th try, i got farther than the previous attempts and i thought the eye just basically expired. the next thing i know, this wierd looking guy is running towards me through the tunnel. i click on him and it is Velketor himself and he is alone. i feigned death, but it was too late for the group that was camping crystal eye. they all died and after that, velketor just returned back to where ever his spawn point is. he didn't aggro anyone else. so the answer is "yes" you can single him using the eye, through this tunnel. no need to go through the castle, hehe.
about aggro, shrug, never tested, always have sneak up.

and if we go on comment basis:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5552

Quote:
I am a mage on Morell-Thule. Traded these to a 60 monk in my guild for a Journeyman's walking stick he didn't need. (5k item) Not only can he use the beads, but while FD the mob will just kill the eye. NO AGGRO on monk. so you get 30 sec (duration of spell) AGGRO free scouting while FD. He also loves the item for pulling, If overpull, he can FD without even getting hit.
also they say after eye dies, you dont go back to yourself, you spirit walk aggro free?
Last edited by Brocode; 01-09-2017 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

bump the swim speed of eye is completely inaccurate. The agro part of this thread I've researched enough to come to the conclusion that we probably have classic mechanics.