Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

Disable recharges and MQs. Make wizards viable. Add shared bank.

That's all p99 really needs.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

If you're adding shared bank, you may as well throw in the rest of LoY too!
Old 04-23-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2019, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disable recharges and MQs.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Banned

Raev is cringe af
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

If you've done everything p99 has to offer just stop playing instead of trying to get the staff to add new stuff that isn't classic.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:01 AM
Kobold

This server stopped being classic long ago.

People here sooooo pick and choose their arguments without the slightest regard to the other side of the coin.

"BUT THAT'S NOT CLASSIC!!"....the rallying cry of the insecure and unimaginative.

Server agreements, recharging items, game mechanic exploits, FTE, etc etc.....

NONE of that was classic.

So I will address the elephant in the room. People don't want Luclin, because it will reset the top dogs on the current server and open them up to be dethroned. Its all about balance of power. This server has been locked in a stagnation for YEARS. It's time to move on. The people "who want to experience the classic feel of EQ" ran it's course years ago. Those who wanted to experience it, already have. P99 is not going to have a sudden influx of players that "wanna relive nostalgia" Those players that have the slightest interest in doing so have already did it and stayed, or tried it and left.

The real question is do you really wanna live in a finite, capped, non-dynamic world, or would you rather move on to bigger and better things?

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server stopped being classic long ago.

People here sooooo pick and choose their arguments without the slightest regard to the other side of the coin.

"BUT THAT'S NOT CLASSIC!!"....the rallying cry of the insecure and unimaginative.

Server agreements, recharging items, game mechanic exploits, FTE, etc etc.....

NONE of that was classic.

So I will address the elephant in the room. People don't want Luclin, because it will reset the top dogs on the current server and open them up to be dethroned. Its all about balance of power. This server has been locked in a stagnation for YEARS. It's time to move on. The people "who want to experience the classic feel of EQ" ran it's course years ago. Those who wanted to experience it, already have. P99 is not going to have a sudden influx of players that "wanna relive nostalgia" Those players that have the slightest interest in doing so have already did it and stayed, or tried it and left.

The real question is do you really wanna live in a finite, capped, non-dynamic world, or would you rather move on to bigger and better things?
You do realize that the express and only purpose of this server is to preserve the classical EQ environment up through Velious, right? It doesn't matter what guilds are on top or what people think would be fun or useful.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bigger and better things
Quote:
Luclin
Your notion of "better" is not the same as my own. I'm here on P1999 because I regard the post-Velious expansions as garbage. Adding Luclin (and, inevitably, Planes since nobody would want to stop at Luclin) would simply make P99 garbage, too, and drive me away just the same as that rubbish drove me out of the original game. TAKP (and 2002) are already out there for folks who like that period.

Note that Raev was not suggesting adding Luclin, just a few choice mechanics and changes from the 2002 period. His suggestion didn't necessarily garner my support either, but it was reasonable enough.

Danth
Old 04-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're already too strong for this norrath

Tanks are literally falling asleep at the keyboard 2-manning mobs with upwards of 32k hp. The baby has outgrown the crib.
Closed Thread