Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still use 6 to this day. 😂
Old 10-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend the purchase of a pointing device to interface with these buttons at a click of a button.
*raises eyebrow in your direction*

..this can't function with my Xbox Duke controller, who uses a mouse with a computer after the year 2015..[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-14-2019 at 01:31 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Client side macros are classic and on blue who cares.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think anti cheat can go only so far.

its entirely possible and with server rules to create and read the log file. Its also entirely possible to use /loc which goes into said log file. One could in theory read the log file for /loc calls and take the lat/long and then project a dot onto a map using a variety of different programming languages, hell this could be whipped up in html and javascript in less than a day.
Actually, it's been done already (see for http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical for multiple such programs) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But as you noted that's not cheating, it's 100% allowed by the server rules. In theory, it was even possible back in 1999, and would have been allowed by Verant back then also.

Multi-button-pressing keyboards/joysticks/etc. weren't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Since there are shortcuts for changing the hotbar pages, 6 buttons are not that much of a limitation for me.

The need for hotkeys depends on the class anyway. As a necro I need a few for the pet commands that are time critical, as a cleric for the annoying CH announcements. 1 for Jboots or other clicky. But besides that I am fine without. I don't have to do much after all.

sitting, standing, moving around, auto attack -> numpad
targeting myself, group members or closest mob -> numpad
casting spells -> numpad
using the few hotkeys I need -> numpad

For everything else I use the mouse in my left hand. 3 of the buttons have ALT, CTRL and ESC mapped to it - for use with the numpad.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Kobold

I am so addicted to having 8 hot keys mapped as "/stopsong; cast #" for my bard, that I'm having to relearn double tapping the spell keys. It'll be more difficult when I am twisting and trying to control a pet on my bard.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowner411 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll be more difficult when I am twisting and trying to control a pet on my bard.
As it should be ... old school Bard players had skills! (And also very damaged wrists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

the first issue I noticed was when I tried to bind my Sense Heading to my bottom 4 keys with WASD. I realized now I only have two hotkeys to use........

I just went back to clicking sense heading. It's not too bad, already got it up to 109.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

I havent read through the thread yet bc of work - but assuming you are playing a spell caster as the reason 6 hotbars is a problem, your spell window can be programmed to keys as well. Assuming at least 4 of your hot bar buttons would be spells, you have easily gained back everything you lost. If they are not, then you should not be complaining bc you are doing nothing of importance with those hot bars anyways.

As an example, on red I had Lure of Ice in spell slot 1, bound to button 3. I had hotbar button 3 as my flux staff and bound to a different button so I could flux staff + spam lure.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I havent read through the thread yet bc of work - but assuming you are playing a spell caster as the reason 6 hotbars is a problem, your spell window can be programmed to keys as well. Assuming at least 4 of your hot bar buttons would be spells, you have easily gained back everything you lost. If they are not, then you should not be complaining bc you are doing nothing of importance with those hot bars anyways.

As an example, on red I had Lure of Ice in spell slot 1, bound to button 3. I had hotbar button 3 as my flux staff and bound to a different button so I could flux staff + spam lure.
Thanks, but again, I didn't post this as a "problem" thread. I posted it to show that just a change like this can have such an effect on gameplay.
Closed Thread