Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

I wanted to play a rogue as my first choice too but I'm forced to play a class I can solo with when needed. Some of my playtime is when I am required to be afk at a moments notice so group play won't work.

People will make alts and level at all different speeds though. I wouldn't make a choice based on your play time. It is more about what you can and want to do with the time you have to play.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:22 PM
Orc

I was debating between Druid and Paladin for this reason. Druid has so many conveniences and solos well so it'd be ideal for my limited playtime. And doesn't have that horrid experience penalty.

But in the end my desire to play the class I really wanted to play won out. If I'm a lowbie forever, so be it. I've been way more excited for Green since I decided to say "screw it" and go with Paladin.

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

I get that. My play time is usually limited also. I got to 20 on testgreen and just started handing out orc belts and stuff when i had time to play for few. I'm mainly thankful just for the chance to play EQ in 2019 and beyond.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Man, you got all the time in the world. Even if you only have one afternoon a week to dedicate to EQ you’ll be max level in no time.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

IMO the less play time you have the more group dependent you should be. Because if you can solo and can't find a group right away you'll go solo. And eventually you'll just be soloing all the time because people gravitate to the path of least resistance. If you need a group you'll spend some more time looking for one, but the play time you do get will be a lot more social and that goes a long way towards keeping you happy and playing long term.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Now, more than ever, is the time you need to play the class you want to play. This type of experience is few and far between.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else?
I bet the demographic age for those interested in Classic Everquest is like 35-55. In the Wikipedia entry one of the studies cited says:
  • The average gamer is 30 years old and has been playing for 12 years. Eighty-two percent of gamers are 18 years of age or older.
  • Forty-two percent of all players are women and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry's fastest growing demographics.
  • Twenty-nine percent of game players are over the age of 50, an increase from nine percent in 1999.

%29 of gamers are over 50 years old haha....
Old 10-24-2019, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too old as in, I have to be in bed by 10pm to get up at 5am for work.
Then I was too old at 18 working full time to power game. Computer and 85 300zx wasn't going to pay for theirselves.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Nah! Just pug as a rogue! Dude you will love it!

It's the most chill class, super fun and easy to get groups!! Maybe 20 mins of waiting around, chatting, sneeking around doing fun stuff just enjoying the view, then a pug group where you just stand around and stab!

You can get tons of fun STR gear, and also go for fashion! A good dagger goes a long way!

Wear some cool armor! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I play my rogue with a XBOX controller and it works great!
Old 10-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure why the focus of this thread has become the word "old".....wasn't the intention.
Closed Thread