Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

I forgot to add that somewhere between level 2 and 3 (which was a loooooooooong time) I ran out of water and some awesome human brought me water and food. Love ya!
Old 10-29-2019, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1,500 is way too many players for one EQ server
Eh, 1,500 isn't way to many players for one EQ server it's just way too many players to have packed into only a few zones because everyone is still low level. It will get better as more people get into their teens and above and can start expanding out into lesser used zones and camps, etc.

1,500 isn't close to the total number that was on your average EQ server back in the day, which was more like ~2k-2.3k
Old 10-29-2019, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, 1,500 isn't way to many players for one EQ server it's just way too many players to have packed into only a few zones because everyone is still low level. It will get better as more people get into their teens and above and can start expanding out into lesser used zones and camps, etc.

1,500 isn't close to the total number that was on your average EQ server back in the day, which was more like ~2k-2.3k
But those average EQ servers had 5 continents.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But those average EQ servers had 5 continents.
I meant pre-Kunark. This led them to of course open more servers eventually, but they were in 2k pre-Kunark for quite awhile. Brad mentioned this in a Pantheon interview or forum post at some point a year or two ago IIRC, I'll try and find it.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant pre-Kunark. This led them to of course open more servers eventually, but they were in 2k pre-Kunark for quite awhile. Brad mentioned this in a Pantheon interview or forum post at some point a year or two ago IIRC, I'll try and find it.
There were never this many players on a server pre kunark, and if there were, it wasn't until mostly everyone was out of the newbie zones.. It didn't get packed like that until after Kunark and more towards Velious! Verant had plenty of servers that made the population more spread out.
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-29-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
There were never this many players on a server pre kunark, and if there were, it wasn't until mostly everyone was out of the newbie zones.. It didn't get packed like that until after Kunark and more towards Velious! Verant had plenty of servers that made the population more spread out.
You turned this into a post about server population
Old 10-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You turned this into a post about server population
I was tricked...
+1 to trolls
Old 10-29-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There absolutely were this many people on a server pre-Kunark (Brad confirmed it as I said). However, you're right that there weren't this many people on a server all at once on day 1. The servers hit these numbers after like a month, so people had time to level and spread out rather than cramming 2k into the newbie zones on launch day.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Trolls are "classic." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There absolutely were this many people on a server pre-Kunark (Brad confirmed it as I said). However, you're right that there weren't this many people on a server all at once on day 1. The servers hit these numbers after like a month, so people had time to level and spread out rather than cramming 2k into the newbie zones on launch day.
Then your point is moot. We are dealing with a different monster than live ever has!