Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most cops do not do anything bad at all ever. You're only informed of the rare instances that they do. Perception is everything. If there were a 24\7 feed of every single interaction between cops and civilians, 99.9% of them would be totally fine. That's not exactly exciting though. This is what is so incoherent about the navel gazing with regard to cops. *TONS* of people get murdered every day, nobody gives a flying shit about almost any of them. The notion that america is racist, or "white supremacist", when the overwhelming majority of people only care when the victim *is black*, sort of utterly discredits that idea.
So you're willing to do nothing about the bad cops that violate that trust?
Old 09-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Banned

Hahaha yup, that sure is what I said.

Here, I'll throw you a bone: Bad cops are bad, police should be better trained and better evaluated, if anything they need to be *more* funded, so they have more of an incentive to not fuck up on the job. They should have better hand to hand skills, so they never have to reach for a tazer let alone a gun. And when a bad shoot does occur, it should be reviewed by a 3rd party rather than the same department that employs the cop in question, which is how it generally works right now.

Okay? Now, all you have to do is acknowledge that the above represents an *insanely tiny minority* of unjust killings not only of black people, but of people of all races. And then ask yourself, "why am I obsessed with this incredibly tiny issue, and not say, the other gigantic majority of people who are murdered in our society?". This whole mentality sends a message that black people being murdered is only tragic when a white cop kills them, which almost never ever ever happens.

"Black on black crime" should absolutely *not* be relegated to a right wing issue, it shouldn't be politicized or partisan. It's cold comfort to the grieving mothers of black victims of homicide when you go "wellllll duhhh the cops are bad, sometimes!!"
Old 09-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all that comes of these protests is breaking the only strong union left in the country, welp, God wills it.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha yup, that sure is what I said.

Here, I'll throw you a bone: Bad cops are bad, police should be better trained and better evaluated, if anything they need to be *more* funded, so they have more of an incentive to not fuck up on the job. They should have better hand to hand skills, so they never have to reach for a tazer let alone a gun. And when a bad shoot does occur, it should be reviewed by a 3rd party rather than the same department that employs the cop in question, which is how it generally works right now.

Okay? Now, all you have to do is acknowledge that the above represents an *insanely tiny minority* of unjust killings not only of black people, but of people of all races. And then ask yourself, "why am I obsessed with this incredibly tiny issue, and not say, the other gigantic majority of people who are murdered in our society?". This whole mentality sends a message that black people being murdered is only tragic when a white cop kills them, which almost never ever ever happens.

"Black on black crime" should absolutely *not* be relegated to a right wing issue, it shouldn't be politicized or partisan. It's cold comfort to the grieving mothers of black victims of homicide when you go "wellllll duhhh the cops are bad, sometimes!!"
Are you one of those All Lives Matter folks? yikes.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:55 AM
Banned

No one reading this forum cares about your slavery vibes
Old 09-13-2020, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You remind me of Cathy Newman interviewing Jordan Peterson.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hahaha, I mean, no but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that statement. You think there is? Talk about yikes.

Just think of the ABSURDITY of thinking all lives matter. Jeeeezzz. What??? No no no, I'm sorry friend, only certain lives that I happen to agree with politically matter, obviously.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:03 AM
Banned

Black lives matter, but black republican lives? Ehhhhhh very nuanced situation let's not talk about that
Old 09-13-2020, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I wonder if you read your comments in your head and ponder on them before you post such retarded fuckin drivel, and decide to post them anyway, or if you are just completely deluded.

Is the issue at hand black lives matter or is it bad cops exist at a very small percentage within the scope of the police force and therefore we should abolish law enforcement that you BLM troglodytes seem to think is a good idea? Make up your damn minds, because if the issue is bad cops then, yes, all lives that fall victim to such a rare occurrence do indeed matter, no matter the color of the victims skin.
Last edited by Convict; 09-13-2020 at 02:54 AM..
Old 09-13-2020, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

40% of cops beat their wives.

kyle rittenhouse didn't even get to lose his virginity before they groomed him to be a murderer.