Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

Default A Veteran Newbie Experience

Im sure something of this nature has been posted in the past, but I felt the need to have my own personal version told...
THEN:
I started EQ in June 2000 and really only played on Kunark through lvl 40 as an Ikky warrior. I didnt experience much of the old world content or what it was like to level up a new character in that time period off Kunark. I was a five year veteran on Rallos Zek and seasoned well, finishing my EQ run at lvl 67.
NOW:
Started a barb warrior and my wife who is a true noobie started a barb shammy. We leveled the typical route, Everfrost, Qeynos Hills then into Blackburrow through 11. I didnt know the maze of Blackburrow, thus I found myself printing maps again, lemenating them and putting them in a three ring binder by the computer.
We then made the trek to Freeport to battle in Oasis. I have NEVER leveled in Oasis or the like. So these croc groups and whatnot are all a learning experience. Two days in Oasis and Ive gathered a mix of Bronze and Banded armor and a Double Bone Bladed Axe for the little amount of money we have been able to scrape up. The groups we have had have not been the typical, we need X class for a great group or anything, its just been, keep the group full of whoever is LFG and keep killin! THE GRIND! Needless to say, I never thought I would have that old newbie feeling again other than seeing it through the eyes of my wife. That is no longer true and I am once again bragging about EQ at work to the guys I used to play it with! Thank you all for bringing this world back to us!
God Bless!

--Bloodwulf lvl 14 Barb warrior
--Naysa lvl 13 Barb shaman
Last edited by ukaking; 05-14-2010 at 09:30 AM..
Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome! Glad you guys are having fun.

I played for about 8 years from release through like the 10th or 11th expansion (whatever TBS was) and just got back also. My girlfriend never played before until we started here last week and we are having a similar experience.

Getting to do all of this old content has been so so much fun as it is, but the best is watching her get excited about the same things I did back then, not to mention get hooked like I did back then.

Cool to hear someone else is experiencing the same thing. Been trying to get some old friends to come play here. May have to link your post to them because you pretty much sum it up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

Thanks! I hope we can inspire others to come back to the fun that was seemingly lost long ago. Hell, I even roleplay in game with my warrior and try to limit my ooc comments to group members.
"It has been an honor to fight alongside you this day."
"As long as my sword drips wet with the blood of our enemies, the day is a success!"
Stuff like that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Glad to see you having fun, we have a group of roommates that have been leveling like mad in oasis, drop Tify, Jaed, or Revenge a line if you want in to their group for some exp in oasis, I believe they're all lvl 14 at the moment.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tify, Jaed, or Revenge

Tify? is he a terk?
Last edited by Ektar; 05-14-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Old 05-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Thanks! Saw Revenge shouting in Oasis last night. Hopefully we can keep up with them. We level slowly since we only play about 8 hours a week or so.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Hey i was leveling with Revenge the group last night. Lots of pets!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Kobold

I'm getting my noob experience all over again because I'm 18 now, and by the time I was old enough to really appreciate EQ, I was spending my time in PoK and such.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting my noob experience all over again because I'm 18 now, and by the time I was old enough to really appreciate EQ, I was spending my time in PoK and such.
Holy crap they hook 'em in young these days.
Closed Thread