Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrids are great and bring a lot of utility to the group. They also have fantastic snap agro to tank more efficiently.

Rangers are the defacto best trackers. People will be leveling them to place in fear. Fear is the next big raid content.

Shadow Knights can feign death which makes them valuable taggers and trash mob tanks.

Paladin lay on hands can save them from death and potentially the rest of the group too. Flash of light is a cheap agro spell.

Bards sing songs for people to clap their hands.

nope, I don't hate hybrids. I do hate the exp penalty. Let's all take a deep breath and try to stay on topic please.
Your feelings about me or my posts have nothing to do with the hybrid exp penalty affecting the whole group.
There are a lot of dogshit mechanics that I don't want to see on Green, but the devs want it to be as close to Classic as possible.

Personally, I dream of a P99 server with custom changes that enhance the Classic experience, like a permanent nerf to bard swarming and a buff to Warrior aggro that makes them the tanks they should be. The devs appear to be reluctant to do this kind of thing on Green/Teal, but hopefully they'll do something like this somewhere down the line.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:07 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't group with hybrids till Jan 2001 Velious patch.
I've been playing Bard on eqlive for a long time, but I'm brand new to p99 and just hit level 25 on green.

So you're saying I should just quit?
Old 11-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

When hybrids ask if there's room in group I always says we are full even if I'm solo.

Sorry but seats taken.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of dogshit mechanics that I don't want to see on Green, but the devs want it to be as close to Classic as possible.

Personally, I dream of a P99 server with custom changes that enhance the Classic experience, like a permanent nerf to bard swarming and a buff to Warrior aggro that makes them the tanks they should be. The devs appear to be reluctant to do this kind of thing on Green/Teal, but hopefully they'll do something like this somewhere down the line.
Except they already nerfed bard swarming
Old 11-28-2019, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Essentially some compromise between the DayBreak TLP servers and the P99 servers would be a fantastic experience (IMO)

And I'm enjoying Green (have a 21 Monk and 19 Shammy) but I definitely noticed the slowdown when I had two hybrids in my group last night for example. That's the less tangible tradeoff though: the Bard was pulling and his regen song undoubtedly reduced our downtime by a large margin, and the SK tanking w/ Disease Cloud ensured that I was able to slow every mob immediately on pull (further reducing our downtime via saving the main healer mana).

Was that reduction in downtime significant enough to offset the reduced XP gain they incurred? Perhaps. Perhaps not. That would require a rather large amount of testing to find out for certain.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 11-28-2019 at 08:43 PM..
Old 11-28-2019, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirrund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except they already nerfed bard swarming
Are you talking about the 25-mob limit on Blue or the 4-mob limit on Green/Teal? The former is a much less severe nerf than I'd like to see, and the latter will be lifted 6 months into the life of Green/Teal if it follows the Classic timeline.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Are you talking about the 25-mob limit on Blue or the 4-mob limit on Green/Teal? The former is a much less severe nerf than I'd like to see, and the latter will be lifted 6 months into the life of Green/Teal if it follows the Classic timeline.
Is your concern zone disruption? Cuz once the 4mob limit is removed I'll be rolling a Bard. The ability to swarm makes Bard the only Hybrid I would even CONSIDER levelling due to penalty
Old 11-29-2019, 02:22 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
The 40% Exp Penalty that is placed on hybrids.
(Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%)
Affects how much exp everyone in the group gets.

Hybrids get the first cut of exp and what's left over goes to everyone else in the group.
Meaning you get a significantly smaller amount of exp per kill when grouped with a hybrid.

Don't group with hybrids till Jan 2001 Velious patch.
That's not how the math works at all. Besides being just a stupid statement. I suggest less posting and take advantage of that extra time to reread an old post on the subject
Old 11-29-2019, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Only thing that bothers me about this thread is that I can't find OP's character name to make sure to remember this if I'd see him LFG or asking for help with anything.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I'm enjoying Green (have a 21 Monk and 19 Shammy) but I definitely noticed the slowdown when I had two hybrids in my group last night for example. That's the less tangible tradeoff though: the Bard was pulling and his regen song undoubtedly reduced our downtime by a large margin, and the SK tanking w/ Disease Cloud ensured that I was able to slow every mob immediately on pull (further reducing our downtime via saving the main healer mana).
Note that your Monk also carries a 20% experience penalty, and the Shaman inevitably has some modest penalty due to race (all Shaman races have a penalty).

-----------------------------------

(at no-one in particular) For the past ten years on P1999 I've noticed two tendencies in these discussions about class experience penalties: First, folks seem to forget that level plays a part too, and second those same folks also tend to forget that many classes have experience penalties, not just the hybrid classes. It reached peak absurdity when P1999 was in Kunark and just about no-one ever cared about Iksar Monk's 44% penalty even though it's greater than a stock Paladin/Ranger penalty. I anticipate more of the same on P1999-Green/Teal.

Danth
Closed Thread