Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Default Emergency AFK

What classes are best suited for emergency afk when soloing? Necro and monk are obvious the best. But how about chanter? How much time do they need to memblur etc?
Old 08-29-2019, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Any class that can gate
Old 08-29-2019, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Any class that can fd too
Old 08-29-2019, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

Necro was the perfect class to solo since I need to take fast afk often. Worst case pet dies. Gating could mean loosing camp, getting back to camp and spending time running/porting back.

Memblur and camping seems like a better option, but how much hassle is memblur? Never played chanter...
Old 08-29-2019, 05:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro was the perfect class to solo since I need to take fast afk often. Worst case pet dies. Gating could mean loosing camp, getting back to camp and spending time running/porting back.

Memblur and camping seems like a better option, but how much hassle is memblur? Never played chanter...
In my opinion you are asking too much. "Emergency afk" means you lose a camp in most settings - ie. if someone else is there to claim it. FD or otherwise.

I've played necro, chanter and shaman to 60 and neither shaman nor chanter comes close to what FD does in terms of convenience for sudden afk-needs.

I have small kids which is my reason to need to afk randomly at the drop of a hat. So on my chanter and shaman I have played with gate memmed for like 90% of my play time. It's inconveniant to have to gate and then get back later and maybe someone else is doing the things you were doing but it beats dying.

And I don't know what kind of afk-needs you have but I can tell you that it is absolutely a non-starter to be mucking around with breaking charm, mem blurring etc if your one-year old suddenly wakes up crying. Cast gate, leave computer. That's my strategy. That's also why you won't approximate what FD gives you on your necro from a non FD class.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion you are asking too much. "Emergency afk" means you lose a camp in most settings - ie. if someone else is there to claim it. FD or otherwise.

I've played necro, chanter and shaman to 60 and neither shaman nor chanter comes close to what FD does in terms of convenience for sudden afk-needs.

I have small kids which is my reason to need to afk randomly at the drop of a hat. So on my chanter and shaman I have played with gate memmed for like 90% of my play time. It's inconveniant to have to gate and then get back later and maybe someone else is doing the things you were doing but it beats dying.

And I don't know what kind of afk-needs you have but I can tell you that it is absolutely a non-starter to be mucking around with breaking charm, mem blurring etc if your one-year old suddenly wakes up crying. Cast gate, leave computer. That's my strategy. That's also why you won't approximate what FD gives you on your necro from a non FD class.
Yea your right, holding a camp was a bad example. Kids are my reason as well for afking but then I know blurring is out of the question.
Maybe I just roll a new necro on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2019, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

SK or NEC are obvious choices.

Racial hide can be for AFK too, in places mobs don't see through it, but obviously it can take a few tries to stick and must be out of combat.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman can emergency AFK with sky ring... just costs you to recharge
Old 08-29-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Dark elf, wood elf, or rogues. (that hide.jpg)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark elf, wood elf, or rogues. (that hide.jpg)
Honestly it's nice, but not good enough. If you can plan slightly then sure, hit hide 1-5 times until it sticks and leave. But not really viable when shit is hitting the fan
Closed Thread