Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
200% exp increase, so people can level up without wasting time on a character that will be deleting?
This I agree with. Or more.

I'll be speaking to Rogean about it today.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This I agree with. Or more.

I'll be speaking to Rogean about it today.
Yea with 300-400% exp i would happy play a iksar monk to atleast 20-30 that would give some good testing i guess?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warps are not set up for the Overthere and Skyfire yet, is this intentional?
Updated old man thorren to include Frontier Mountains, OT, and skyfire. Will be available with next script update.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:18 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Copying Characters again would be difficult due to technicality reasons with new iksars being created.

There are also people that don't want to lose the progress they have made on their characters.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Would you field specific requests? Or is the effort not worth an additional tester?

lol wut
Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

make it a 200pct xp, or more for iksar characters. Or characters below a certain level, so they're more willing to play them in the lower lvl zones.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Stop whining and level one up. I have a level 25 iksar monk right now.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop whining and level one up. I have a level 25 iksar monk right now.
Its not whining as much as theres just no time in most of our shedules to play our main characters that actually matter to us versus beta testing something at normal speeds.

I remember on the live test server, at some point, there was a /buff command that leveled you to level 25 or so.

If you want us to specifically test zones one by one, or even just level brackets (like 1-10, 11-20, etc) can't you specifically limit us or cap us off to certain areas and levels?

I am no professional beta tester or anything, but anything that gave the 10-20 people actually testing inventive to group (by forcing us to play in the same zones around the same level) I would think would make kunark come out earlier, or at least in better shape.

Other than that I don't think Kunark is going to come out 100% bug free anyway, I would vote yes on just realising it to our "live" server so that the real "testing" can happen.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want us to specifically test zones one by one, or even just level brackets (like 1-10, 11-20, etc) can't you specifically limit us or cap us off to certain areas and levels?
The reason why they are doing it in phases is so that we can test zones pretty much in a 'one-by-one' fashion, and people are still whining. Check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than that I don't think Kunark is going to come out 100% bug free anyway, I would vote yes on just realising it to our "live" server so that the real "testing" can happen.
This would be a catastrophic idea. It would be such a head ache for the GMs to deal with all the petitions. It's bad enough that we don't get reimbursed on the test server for anything we lose.. imagine how many people would be pissed the hell off if they spent 3 hours questing and then on the turn in, they got nothing? There's a reason why we're doing it this way. I'm not mad, just saying that some people need to learn to appreciate PROCESS.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Closed Thread