Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Old player, new to server!

I finally worked out the kinks and I've been able to run EQ on OSX and I am finally happy to say, I've made it to P99! I just wanted to give a quick, friendly 'hello' to possible old friends and new!

I'm starting a new character, working my way up right now, but things sureeeee can be tough. Do people generally help newbies out here? Or is it kinda like EQ back in the day - survival of the fittest! Hah.

Anyways, if you see Kalki (human rogue) dying, please stop and say hello before watching my unconscious corpse - hehe.

Kalki / Jason
Old 04-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome! I've found that people help out if you are in the right place at the right time. I get drive by buffs occasionally. As well as high levels giving me item(s). It doesn't happen all the time, I have a level 21 Monk that hasn't gotten a single high level item given to him. But I have level 4 Troll Sk that was given a Brutechopper from a high level character. With the market being flooded with Kunark items, I think a lot of items will just be given away.

As far as playing a Rogue, good luck. I would play one too, but I just don't find it fun anymore constantly LFG. Some days you'll log on and find a group quickly, and some days you won't. And because you have zero solo ability, your best bet is go grab a fishing pole on those days you can't find a group.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Heyo! Players tend to be pretty friendly to newbies on this server. Also, be sure to add yourself to the Player List on the wiki. You might also find some names you recognize.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Player_List
Old 04-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

hey qdd, would you mind sharing how you got Titatnium to run in OSX? A RL friend of mine is interested in playing but he only runs OSX.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Aviak

Welcome =).

Best advice is to simply be polite to people. That goes so far in EQ.
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

I run it in VMWare Fusion on OSX but I have it loaded on BootCamp as well (the latter being preferred for long play sessions).
Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh yes... I've been able to configure WINE and run it from there. I can give a run down on how I managed to do it if interested, but it takes quite a bit of time and tweaking !
Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

I agree that it can be tough sometimes to find a group as a rogue.
But over the past few weeks I've slowly been expanding my friends list and even joined a guild.

Every night when I log on there is 2-3 people I know that I can group with.

I would strongly suggest making friends, maybe joining a guild. And also, stick to Kunark.
That's where are the people are. I found a HHK group and a paw group, but for the majority it's all on Kunark.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Aviak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm starting a new character, working my way up right now, but things sureeeee can be tough. Do people generally help newbies out here? Or is it kinda like EQ back in the day - survival of the fittest! Hah.
I have found the server to be wonderful to newbies. The first day I logged in, someone buffed me to the gills and gave me a handful of plat to buy spells. It's like the old days (I played classic EQ from beta to Velious). Be polite and friendly, and find it returned in kind. And remember to pay it forward when you "grow up." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome (back). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Dont be fooled, this server operates along the same lines as most other servers. There are a few good folks. Ya just gotta find em. Enjoy the game
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Closed Thread