Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Aviak

Default Joining 1999. A few questions.

Hello, as best I can tell it appears a truly classic emu is now realized. Be that the case I'll be seeing you online within a couple of days and close to every day thereafter. I've already ordered Titanium. I had a few questions before I dive into EverQuest once more.

First- Class, I'll be playing a rogue or wizard. Leaning toward rogue, heavily. Is one significantly more common than the other? I don't like playing a class or even archtype that is over-represented. I heard casters were rather heavy on P99 and that there was a mitigation issue with melee classes. Is this still the case?

Titanium- Ordering online still the most practical way to acquire the required platform for "p99" ? Is there a downloadable client that is suitable?

Population- I knew in 09 and 2010 the sever had a healthy population. Is this still the case?

And is this for real? After all these years or waiting and in some cases literally praying for this to happen have you guys actually pulled it off? I haven't been this excited in a long time.

See you in game, fellas.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Rogues and wizards are low on the server. Either choice would be good. Wizards will level a little faster. Rogues will get a group easier.

Population is good.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Aviak

Excellent on both counts. Thank you. I've some deciding to do.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Titanium- Ordering online still the most practical way to acquire the required platform for "p99" ? Is there a downloadable client that is suitable?
Welcome man. Last I checked Titanium was dirt cheap to buy on Ebay. Think I bought my copy for like $3 bucks. I couldn't tell you about the downloadable stuff.

The server has a very active population. I saw 60+ little iksar running around in FoB earlier today.

Either of your class choices would work, but as a Wizard I would say it's easier to level/get around.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

We do not support piracy here........so the best bet is to buy it via ebay or some other form. Possibly google around for the lowest price.

And yes, as a wizard it is much easier to solo or group as both are easy to accomplish. Rogues are...slightly less common and almost fully group-dependant after level like 10 lol.

Wizards are always in need though, they are the best damage in kunark with their nukes and they can make quick change by spending a few hours porting around people.

But, playing the class you feel you'd like the most is always the best choice as you can always just switch to an alt later.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population- I knew in 09 and 2010 the sever had a healthy population. Is this still the case?
Definitely. During peak hours server pop is between 750-1000, and goes over that on weekends. The night Kunark launched we had over 1500 on.

Welcome back!

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Aviak

Thanks you, Maelstrom. I'm beyond excited to join you all! You don't even know. I envy the wizard's mobility and will surely have one as an alt to far around with. I've decided to play a rogue as a main. Just like I did all those years ago. (2000-2005 on Mith-Marr and Bertoxxulous servers).

Do you know whether or not the issue with melee classes suffering from over accurate mobs has been taken care of?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes, as a wizard it is much easier to solo or group as both are easy to accomplish. Rogues are...slightly less common and almost fully group-dependant after level like 10 lol.

Wizards are always in need though, they are the best damage in kunark with their nukes and they can make quick change by spending a few hours porting around people.

But, playing the class you feel you'd like the most is always the best choice as you can always just switch to an alt later.
I played as a rogue through most of my original EQ era, 60/65 as maximum level. I'm a little hesitant to think a wizard would be top damage if they're not bursting heavily. Although top damage isn't necessarily my concern. I am a very social player preferring to group even when not necessary (which as a rogue it will be) and blind exploration in any random direction for no particular reason is likely going to be a big part of my return to EverQuest. My intuition tells me rogue, once again.

Thank you all so much for your replies.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...25ee928a8872d0
Old 04-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

i meant best burst damage, being highly desired during god-raids as having 5 or 6 nuke at once basically takes like 30% hp in a heart-beat lol

And yes, rogues sneak/hide is exceptionally fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread