Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am totally down with removing bind/gate from casters (and keeping spell book on corpse) as soon as we have infinite mana (or high enough regen that we do not have to have a med break in groups ever) and our spells gain in power based on the weapons we are using (this server will never have the focus item revamp).

Just a quick example, but a decently geared rogue will never be matched in sustained dps in a group by a caster simply because the caster dps comes in little spurts (blow the load of dps, med for 5 minutes) while the rogue has consistent damage output equivalent (or greater than) the caster while actively nuking.

Edit: My point is that the classes who don't have anywhere bind/gate are substantially better in groups than the ones who do in most cases. The exception being a class like cleric that is group required, but then again there is nothing stopping said melees from playing cleric.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I fail to see how ability to bind and gate can influence your combat powers, other than to prevent death, while all melees will be left behind and die.
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 04-14-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Changes like that are veering away from the server's goal, no? I mean, this is a classic EQ server they are trying to make, not a custom one.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin; 04-15-2011 at 01:08 PM..
Closed Thread