Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic, Kunark and Velious are largely considered to be the epitome of the Classic EQ experience. Thank you to Project 1999 for keeping that vision.
I second this....I am all about keeping it classic and stopping with velious.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

VT was not at all enjoyable. Ssra was far more fun.

VT was torture. So much trash to clear. I remember almost wiping once because people were falling asleep.

I agree with the person who said post Velious was a different game entirely. I never had the same level of fun after velious.

I did like raiding though. GoD was especially fun, but I never liked leveling after velious. I cant think of one dungeon I enjoyed half as much as seb. I remember tables in fire was like insane AA exp for me, but was so utterly boring.

Even the mid level velious dungeons are vastly superior to anything that came after.

I did like pulling in the outdoor zones in pop and omens. I can't think of any zones in GoD or DoN that I exped in. Not one. I quit shortly after DoN came out.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just add instancing ....like Wow.../endthread
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I think I made my point..

Thanks P99 you brought me back to the best game ever made before it was ruined by all the winners who led the dev team down the path of bottlefed games such as wow. " I want the mob too, I don't want to wait my turn, NOW NOW NOW ME ME ME, its not fair I have to work for anything. "

That is all I hear when I read this.

I loved the first 2 expansions of everquest and think V would be a great point to stop this server.
Last edited by Hmotzart; 04-13-2011 at 02:09 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

just put bazaar in between ec and nro, and luclin suddenly becomes 50% less relevant rofl
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Keying and the consequential bifurcation of the player base was indeed the true beginning of the end of EQ. The lack of good sense in SOE management has never ceased to amaze me. Ya'll are also correct in decrying the destruction of the entire theme of the game by going to the moon. Really pathetic.

So I'm good with stopping at Velious. I will miss AA and a few choice zones however. I also, unaccountably, enjoyed LDONs a great deal. But this is far from the original vision and does not belong here.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

guineapig had an excellent post about how custom should be...it was ideas put together by quite a few folks...don't have time to look for it atm tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankiilbiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard this the other night in a group I was with. Is this a "set in stone" deal or is this just a proposed stopping point?

I'm still happy with what the server provides, but it would be sad to know I won't be able to enjoy the Plane of Time or Vex Thall =/
If you liked Luclin and PoP check out the EQMac server.

If I liked Luclin or PoP I will still be there.

Asher
Old 04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

When I read some of the first posts on this thread, I nearly choked on my coffee. I had thought about the same exact thing; new original content in place of Luclin/PoP!

Luclin/PoP didn't streamline with Kunark/Velious, they were just... different, as if the company had let go of everyone who made the original expansions and gave the task of creating new content to people who had never played the game since it's release.

I'd been a casual gamer at the time Luclin/PoP came out, and I never got to see Plane of Time or anything beyond what you needed to be keyed for; no raiding guild would take someone who wasn't on for five hours a day, six days a week.

....I want to see more Planes, more Gods, but I don't want to get to them easily by clicking on a Plane of Knowledge book and running my way there in 10 minutes. It takes at least 25 minutes for me to take the boats to Kunark, and I anticipate the adventure. I loved Plane of Mischief, how difficult it was to get there and how fun it was to try and figure out the castle, even though I never got past the big picture room on my own.

Anyway, in summary, I'll be glad if Velious is the last stop for Sony/Verant-made content [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Kobold

WTB Project 2001 after Velious.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yet it was PoP that brought in scripted raid encounters that were more than "tank and spank"
Kinda hard to have tank-and-spank encounters in classic with 2-3 guilds all rushing the target at once. It's more like spray-and-pray.
Closed Thread