Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was really thinking they should some how have weapon procs be their thing. But I'm not sure how.

But the only way that would make sense, is if they some how do more damage to a target recently effected by fire or cold damage.

Like in Wow, where the character walks around with auras on their sword.
Perfectly ez with a self buff line. The cleric procs in later expansions were rly cool.

Would make up for a lack of melee dps n give a source of agro tunable to a wars, or hybrids dps/agro potential. Love the idea of them using a proc for sustainable dps.

It's almost like a bard, with less twisting. I think it's doable. Maybe plate makes more sense in that case.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Epic is like warrior epic. Wizwar gets duel whield. But epic can be combined into a two hander and its the only two hander they get in the game.

Epic procs area effect cold and fire damage. As well as a shieldskin.

Was going to say epic effect does not break mez but that feels cheap, but maybe thats just left over feelings from gate possibility.

Maybe also area effect .5 second stun?
Old 04-14-2021, 11:23 PM
Aviak

Paladins of either the half-elf or erudite race are the rarest of all to hit 60.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Ya not a lot of min-min paladins. I've seen some twink erudites that go for the novelty.

Don't see many gnome warriors either.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Oh yea I forgot to mention Gustoo mentioned procs first.

Yea Erudites need more but it would be nice to give them something legitimate that feels lore correct.

Like a giant tower aimed at dark elf city, that only activates after a long time if good Erudites take over the city. But when you log in the NPC's tell you, "There is a secret weapon. Shh.. Don't tell anyone. It might be standing infront of you" When you hail the NPCs at the tower.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think that making the theoretical WizWar proc based is a good idea.

Melee DPS parses include proc damage and the calculation will be done and in the end you got a guy with procs for kinda no reason. If the procs are varied like slows and stuff then he will be OP. If they are too basic, they are kinda pointless.

I think sticking with PBAOE spells seems cool.

Base him off of Louie the Rune Soldier (my hero)

Battle Wizard the classic style honestly its extremely correct. Think of Gandald with Glamdring.

Also his PBAOE spells totally break charm no question about it. Hes kind of a suicider. But I want him to be able to actually tank. He should have less utility than SK and Paladin, Equal tanking, and same DPS as Ranger, but again less utility.

He trades utility for being even closer to a legitimate warrior.

Making him 2handed weapons only makes sense to me only because it distinguishes him from the other classes discussed here and limits his true tanking aggro generating compared to warrior with proccing 1handers and paladin and SK with aggro spells, and ranger again with powerful 1 handers.

The WizWar has very few if any direct targeted NPC spells. So Aggro generation will be his main weakness. He is tank strong but not great at aggro generation.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-14-2021 at 11:51 PM..
Old 04-14-2021, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

Eh, I'm pretty pumped about it =(

You can only proc effective damage if the target has been hit by cold or fire damage. Making you dependent on your Aoes, wizards and mage in you group.

So at is prime Wizwar DPS can be nuts but also its variable so its not a constant and it has to be considered and thought about.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

It's your class you invented it. Just too complicated for me now. I like the version that uses existing mechanics and spells exclusively or almost exclusively.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Nah its not my class. I dun care.

Both sound cool, maybe the old way is better. I'd have to think about it and run simulations for 6 months to decide which won't happen.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

100% with Barb Pally. Also would love to play a Iksar Ranger.