Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2021, 01:51 AM
Large Bat

Question DB Error - Invalid Password

I am attempting to return aftern a long time. I'm on Windows 10, I have installed the game to not the program files folder, i extracted the new p99 files, i use launch titanium, i reset my forum and loginserver passwords, and even successfully changed my loginserver password as well, but I keep getting the DB Error - Invalid Password when I try to log in.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:53 AM
Banned

its just a server log in error

try again in an hour

its a common error
Old 02-28-2021, 01:58 AM
Large Bat

Oh lol ok. I have been trying repeatedly over the last couple of hours while checking out the forum and did a reinstall... I'll give it a shot later.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2021, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Also note that the client doesn't always pick up numlock - so if your pw has numbers use the number row above the keyboard, and not your numpad.

-Mcoy
Old 02-28-2021, 09:52 AM
Large Bat

mcoy i am using numbers but only used the number row when i made the pw and when i enter it in the client.

no matter how many times i try to log in its the same thing.

could it be a networking issue? am i shadowbanned? something else? its strange to me that this is a lively game with 1k right now, 2k last night, but is somewhow too broken for me to even log in. id think if what tunabros said was right id be playing by now.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:20 PM
Large Bat

I am still after trying randomly over the last couple of days still unable to see anything but that same DB error.

seems strange to me and after waiting not just an hour but several days i'm really thinking something else is an underlying issue here.

Is there any further troubleshooting for me to do? I'm not finding anything relevant in the forum or my search engine.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

You mentioned that you reset your loginserver password. Have you tried doing that again? If it still fails, try using the petition forum or asking on the Discord channel. Otherwise, you'll eventually get a GM response here - but they're stretched pretty thin so it may take a while before they respond in this thread.

-Mcoy
Old 03-03-2021, 09:54 PM
Large Bat

Indeed, i even made it incredibly simple so as to make sure i wasnt somehow tripping up the client.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:13 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mentioned that you reset your loginserver password. Have you tried doing that again? If it still fails, try using the petition forum or asking on the Discord channel. Otherwise, you'll eventually get a GM response here - but they're stretched pretty thin so it may take a while before they respond in this thread.

-Mcoy
And I have changed it again today. Again very simple password hard to mess up, loginserver wont let me log in.
I understand GM's being stretched thin on a free to play server. what do you think a while could be? Weeks? My petition has a view but no replies. If they're too busy to reply to forum posts I don't really want to try bugging them on discord too. Not a huge fan of using the discord software anyway.
Oh well I guess its a waiting game and hope someone gets to me.
Thanks again for all the help and info you offered.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:27 PM
Large Bat

I am having this same issue as well. I will wait to see if this fixes itself. I even created a new account to test this and I am getting the same error as well.