Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

I bet it's in the p99 - daybreak contract to be limited to velious era.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2021, 10:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer to that would be a short story a number of pages long. Just like people think that PoP resembles nothing like what they like about EQ classic-velious, current day live EQ might as well be a different game than how it was during PoP. Mercs is just one thing I could point to, player housing is another, transmogs, level boosting, 7000+ aa's... etc etc.
You know none of that is in era on TLP servers right?
Old 04-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know none of that is in era on TLP servers right?
I played on Agnarr for 2 years. It's good but not quite the same. Freeport is different, e&w commons are a single zone and all of the old raid content has a buff that reduces your spell damage, melee damage, and dot damage by a set percentage. During PoP era on my monk I use to be able to go back and solo old raids like trakanon. On TLP that's not possible.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Love it we have Z boy P99 players looking for the good old days back in the 2010's before ruined everquest got ruined 2.0.

Like I said soon we are going to have project 2009 emulating original Project 1999 blue server timeline with ITS timeline that was slowly progressing towards velious.

Looking for old forum sources "Nah they were at vanilla for 3 years before kunark rolled out, and it rolled out a day early on red because blue was being fucktards. Here are the relevant sources"

Croco I'm just going to have to ask you to trust everyone that started P99 knowing that velious was the terminal location. After velious its dumb. I'm sorry that the game is too easy to beat, but thats how it is. Hopefully you give pvp a try on red 2.0 when it happens because you will see even more clearly how superior the original content is.

The broken stuff is fun. I always wanted to be a 1200AA's psychopath mass murdering mobs but thats not a good game, even though its fun after you put that 10 billionth hour into it and complete that journey.

But really the TLP server is like 99.5 percent what you're after and it will do a better job than an EMULATOR at being what you want. This project reverse engineered all the code to feel like actual everquest. Its a full frankenstein. They did a great job.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love it we have Z boy P99 players looking for the good old days back in the 2010's before ruined everquest got ruined 2.0.

Like I said soon we are going to have project 2009 emulating original Project 1999 blue server timeline with ITS timeline that was slowly progressing towards velious.

Looking for old forum sources "Nah they were at vanilla for 3 years before kunark rolled out, and it rolled out a day early on red because blue was being fucktards. Here are the relevant sources"

Croco I'm just going to have to ask you to trust everyone that started P99 knowing that velious was the terminal location. After velious its dumb. I'm sorry that the game is too easy to beat, but thats how it is. Hopefully you give pvp a try on red 2.0 when it happens because you will see even more clearly how superior the original content is.

The broken stuff is fun. I always wanted to be a 1200AA's psychopath mass murdering mobs but thats not a good game, even though its fun after you put that 10 billionth hour into it and complete that journey.

But really the TLP server is like 99.5 percent what you're after and it will do a better job than an EMULATOR at being what you want. This project reverse engineered all the code to feel like actual everquest. Its a full frankenstein. They did a great job.
Yeah it's not dumb though. Only the extremely vocal minority in this very small corner of the internet thinks that. Luclin and PoP were extremely popular and successful in era. I started playing during kunark and quit around prophecy of ro. People bitched about killing aliens on the moon for about a month then we started experiencing the content, and doing the raids, and getting the loot and there were no issues.

Is velious better than luclin? Probably. That doesn't make luclin garbage though. There's a reason posts like this pop up all the time and it's because the majority of p99 players would LOVE post velious content. There's just a very small very loud very angry contingent of people on the forums who yell and shout and make it seem like no one wants it but it's just not true. It's just the same two dozen people being negative nancy's.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

GMs would probably make a P99 Yellow, that would go from Classic to PoP.

They probably wouldn't have Blue/Green go all the way to PoP, due to coding issues.

I think it would be something different. I sure hope they are thinking about it though.

Rogean/Nilbog tend to be definitive when they take a decision. If it slowly creeps in their minds that the people do consider Luclin/PoP as part of the classic experience, they might slowly think about doing it.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

I've actually been kinda in the mood for Luclin/Pop.

I think I am still afraid people will swoop in and say, "Ok this is good? Lets shut down p99? Make everyone Luclin pop. Luclin and pop forever". And then its the death of Everquest all over again.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After velious its dumb. I'm sorry that the game is too easy to beat, but thats how it is.
Yea but... That means it falls in the category of Wow. Wow games in theory are not bad.

Maybe Wow could be spruced up a bit. Add resists, make each item not just 10str 10sta 10 agi 10 ac, increasing by multiples of the level.

But Wow games must exists, and Luclin and Pop may just be the Wow version of EQ. I'm not saying the Wow version of EQ like Pantheon. I think that's possible to be very good and I wish them best for them. I mean Luclin and Pop is the Wow version, in a comedic way but still appreciated. Like a B rated movie.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:35 AM
Orc

P99 Yellow or Purple going to PoP would be a dream come true. The problem is it would depopulate blue and green to the point that the sad pixel horders/ poop sockers would probably commit suicide as all their hard work for dragon loots would become meaningless. The game is supposed to be fun, luclin and pop were fun as fuck. I played since October of 1999. Not quite the beginning but pretty close and of course all of this is opinion based but luclin and pop were amazing, just as good if not better than velious, for all the reasons listed.

I get the detractors too though. I understand the hate for mounts but they're also a great plat sink. I get the hate for cats on the moon but high fantasy often has a quirky or strange side. I get the hate for the bazaar but it was WAY better than what we have now with tunnel quest. I get the hate for the nexus / plane of knowledge / pop books but it honestly made the world more explorable, more accessible, MORE connected. Plane of Knowledge was the most social zone EQ had ever seen. The lore is amazing too. And wasn't PoTime instanced? I dont quite remember because I didn't raid it back in the day but I'm pretty sure it was instanced. That's a huge benefit there, the very top end zone with the best loot being instanced is incredible. And it's not a giveaway either because it took insane amount of time, gear, and flagging to even get in there.

Release P99 Purple. I want to go to the moon, like my doge coin.
Closed Thread