Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Role-playing games[edit]

Main article: Role-playing game

A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterisation, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

Role-playing can also be done online in the form of group story creation, involving anywhere from two to several hundred people, utilizing public forums, private message boards, mailing lists, chatrooms, and instant-messaging chat clients (e.g., MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ) to build worlds and characters that may last a few hours, or several years. Message boards such as ProBoards and InvisionFree are popularly used for role-playing. Often on forum-based roleplays, rules, and standards are set up, such as a minimum word count, character applications, and "plotting" boards to increase complexity and depth of story.

There are different genres of which one can choose while role-playing, including, but not limited to, fantasy, modern, medieval, steam punk, and historical. Books, movies, or games can be, and often are, used as a basis for role-plays (which in such cases may be deemed "collaborative fan-fiction"), with players either assuming the roles of established canon characters or using those the players themselves create ("Original Characters") to replace—or exist alongside—characters from the book, movie, or game, playing through well-trodden plots as alternative characters, or expanding upon the setting and story outside of its established canon.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Now I am not saying this is the case... But I have come across true roleplayers in my time sir brobb.. I doubt they are anything like that irl... Just living vicariously thru their toons..
Old 08-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
by your logic Sektors is repeat thieving child molester.
u wot m8?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

I think rexx had a good point, why dont you chime on that brobb? Isnt sektor a child rapist murderer by your standards?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned

Everyone here roleplays.

Brobb just doesnt fucking get it because he is one of those lonely basement dwelling faggots that craves friendships over the internet because he lives a sad and pathetic life irl.

Most all of us are here doing eq pvp just to be dickheads to one another for the sake of lulz.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think rexx had a good point, why dont you chime on that brobb? Isnt sektor a child rapist murderer by your standards?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Old 08-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwilliamsghost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yall gay
Rarely do I agree with hurb. But y'all are argueing about the legitimacy of rmt and personality playing a mmorpg.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
let me crop that for you, upload it to a better hosting site, and also display the picture