Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

sirken is innocent
Old 11-28-2018, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're breaking the rules and disrespecting the wishes of the people who put countless hours in bringing you this game. You asshole.

There's a time, place and way to speak out against corruption. You're blatantly disregarding Rogean's wishes.
Definitely not my intention to be an asshole, or disrespect anyone’s wishes or [maliciously] break any rules. My response in this thread stem from pure shock and disappointment in someone I always had an immense respect for. Obviously the information that surfaced could POSSIBLY be falsified, or out of context, so I do see why King Rog made the requests he did. In hindsight I regret not waiting for the final update before making my assumptions. We will all hopefully have a better understanding with Rogeans follow up post.

Truly apologize! I love you Rogean and this server!!
P.s. please don’t ban meeee

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

isnt sirken the kid that got played by derubael?

just wondering if were talking about the same guy here
Old 11-28-2018, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who do you think took the best stunner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--zmfQabuAM

That double stunner Hall takes is my fav.
Scott Hall by a mile. The Rock flipping his legs up for added effect was probably completely awesome if you were watching it live near the ring, but it looks ridiculous from the TV camera angle.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scott Hall by a mile. The Rock flipping his legs up for added effect was probably completely awesome if you were watching it live near the ring, but it looks ridiculous from the TV camera angle.
I dunno the bowling pin look goes over pretty well for me, but they're both stellar Stunner takers.

We should stun this bullshit indictment of Sirken The Great
Old 11-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 11-29-2018, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Everyone.

I still intend on posting a little more information regarding Sirken's status. However we are still in the process of compiling all information and making final decisions. These things take time even for organizations with paid staffers, which we obviously are not. On top of that I've been stuck working 12-14 hour days because of a customer emergency at work. I hope to have something posted on the weekend.

I still expect people to respect my original request and refrain from speculating and bashing Sirken or any current and former staff members. Some of these posts have gone way over that line and we may be issuing bans. It is completely uncalled for.
Tl;Dr - I get serious about elf sim policy.

Big Rogean... You know (or maybe you don't) that I've always respected what you've helped create here and how you handled CSR back when you were still actively involved in player disputes. Especially during the old DA/IB days, you were usually fair, level headed and most importantly, actively sought to encourage us to work out our problems without staff intervention. You also caught an inordinate amount of shit from a lot of the player base back in the wild west days of unmoderated RnF. I say this because I do understand the intent of the "no staff bashing" policy.

That being said, and without getting into specifics that would violate your request, I would urge you to consider maybe the "no staff bashing" policy has been taken a bit far. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original intent was more to shield staff from unfair and unsupported slander by the community, not to completely protect staff (and by extension their decisions) from any community input or discussion. Where as we used to have too much free speech here (free speech as a concept, not talking about the US first amendment for you pedants out there), now we have too little.

Completely disallowing discussion about player disputes and staff decisions has not only created an atmosphere where the community cannot voice their opinions and help shape server policy, it has also in some regards killed a part of the community. I'm sure you don't remember old RnF as fondly as a lot of us players since you were too often a target of criticism, but I think you'd admit that the often childish squabbling we used to do in there over guild disputes did contribute something to the community. Now RnF is 99% garbage because all the raid drama gets hushed up for fear of getting someone in trouble for discussing staff decisions.

I'm not saying we should go back to completely unmoderated RnF, and banning players for unfounded slander seems legit, but forbidding players from discussing anything remotely related to staff or their decisions has contributed to creating a situation where the community as a whole has no outlet to hold the staff accountable. Of course some players will undoubtedly take things a bit far, but it is ultimately criticism on a niche community elf sim forum. Can the staff really not handle that? Maybe even ignore it?

I get it. This is a free box. You, bog and the rest of the staff owe us nothing. But I really don't believe that you guys don't care about the community, because if you didn't you wouldn't put in all the work that you do. The no staff bashing rule has really hamstringed the community, essentially killed RnF, and created an atmosphere of fear where numerous people lost accounts with years worth of work simply for offending a volunteer who was supposed to enhance the community experience. That doesn't seem like it is in line with the original intent of the policy.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody got banned for saying bad words about Derubael, did they? (justified or not)

Just some perspective.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:07 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tl;Dr - I get serious about elf sim policy.

Big Rogean... You know (or maybe you don't) that I've always respected what you've helped create here and how you handled CSR back when you were still actively involved in player disputes. Especially during the old DA/IB days, you were usually fair, level headed and most importantly, actively sought to encourage us to work out our problems without staff intervention. You also caught an inordinate amount of shit from a lot of the player base back in the wild west days of unmoderated RnF. I say this because I do understand the intent of the "no staff bashing" policy.

That being said, and without getting into specifics that would violate your request, I would urge you to consider maybe the "no staff bashing" policy has been taken a bit far. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original intent was more to shield staff from unfair and unsupported slander by the community, not to completely protect staff (and by extension their decisions) from any community input or discussion. Where as we used to have too much free speech here (free speech as a concept, not talking about the US first amendment for you pedants out there), now we have too little.

Completely disallowing discussion about player disputes and staff decisions has not only created an atmosphere where the community cannot voice their opinions and help shape server policy, it has also in some regards killed a part of the community. I'm sure you don't remember old RnF as fondly as a lot of us players since you were too often a target of criticism, but I think you'd admit that the often childish squabbling we used to do in there over guild disputes did contribute something to the community. Now RnF is 99% garbage because all the raid drama gets hushed up for fear of getting someone in trouble for discussing staff decisions.

I'm not saying we should go back to completely unmoderated RnF, and banning players for unfounded slander seems legit, but forbidding players from discussing anything remotely related to staff or their decisions has contributed to creating a situation where the community as a whole has no outlet to hold the staff accountable. Of course some players will undoubtedly take things a bit far, but it is ultimately criticism on a niche community elf sim forum. Can the staff really not handle that? Maybe even ignore it?

I get it. This is a free box. You, bog and the rest of the staff owe us nothing. But I really don't believe that you guys don't care about the community, because if you didn't you wouldn't put in all the work that you do. The no staff bashing rule has really hamstringed the community, essentially killed RnF, and created an atmosphere of fear where numerous people lost accounts with years worth of work simply for offending a volunteer who was supposed to enhance the community experience. That doesn't seem like it is in line with the original intent of the policy.
I think you're misinterpreting my meaning of Staff Bashing. I'm not saying you can't have disagreements with a decision, as long as those disagreements are expressed in a respectful and civil manner. There's a big difference between "I disagree with the decision Rogean made to punish guild X for (insert reasons)" and "Rogean is a cuck that only disciplines the guilds that don't buy him bloomin onions."

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 11-29-2018, 03:15 AM
Aviak

Posted that before Rogeans response - looks like we just need some clarification on what staff bashing is, like name calling, doxxing, etc I understand. But we should be able to talk about it without a ban.
Closed Thread