Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racial/Class Xp penalties do not effect your group, only you. So if you add a troll Sk or just a troll, you will still recieve the same exp if it was a halfling druid.
XP is split differently before Velious, having a Hybrid (or more importantly someone with greater total XP than you) greatly effects the amount of XP you receive at launch.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:43 PM
Kobold

Aren't they completely different in classic?

As in the Warrior doesn't get crazy DPS weapons, and the Monk doesn't get crazy AC gear.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:54 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A monks fist become slightly better than a mod rod by level 35 (11/33 vs 8/26), even factoring damage bonus:
(8+3)/26 vs (11+3)/33

I guess if you see a level 44+ mage where you happen to be before 35, sure a mod rod is a bit of a boost.

Monk weapon options all seem worst than fist if you are aquiring the item naturally (except a cracked staff until level 10).

My green monk strategy is: tailor my own cured silk armor and bare fist my way to 50, picking up a few specific upgrades here and there. I'll get some netted/mesh hands/feet early to have magical attacks. This seems to be optimal (no wasting any time trying to get a slightly better weapon that your fists quickly outgrow, no heavy armor/weapons makes it easier on the weight cap)

Am i missing anything major?
Wait what? Mesh gloves makes fists magic? I thought I wouldn’t be able to kill willowisps this is glorious news
Old 09-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmclark3592 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait what? Mesh gloves makes fists magic? I thought I wouldn’t be able to kill willowisps this is glorious news
Yes and the boots for magic kick
Old 09-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmclark3592 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not just mesh (leather equivalent, only found of mid-high mobs in guk), but the much easier to get at lower level netted (this is like the equivalent of cloth that drops out out in innothule and lowest level stuff in guk) is also magical. I'm sure you can probably find netted off vendors day 1 if you're lucky. I was planning on making that run sooner rather than later anyway to get to less populated area and group with brother (troll shaman)
Old 09-25-2019, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
look At all these eager noobs who never played classic makes my heart swell.

Monk is basically fists and a shield of rainbow hues till late sky raids. Wars suck till 60 will always be outshined till discs are in and even then in small man monk will outshine everything melee. Classic is the caster era.
Yup the only reason to play war/monk is to get 50 before Kunark comes out so you don't have to be level 1 on day 1
Old 09-25-2019, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and the boots for magic kick
If memory serves, there's no mesh boots. All other pieces exist though.
Probably want kobold-hide slippers for boots.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup the only reason to play war/monk is to get 50 before Kunark comes out so you don't have to be level 1 on day 1
There's also fun, that's the best reason of all. Not everyone likes being a clothie, math be damned.

Danth
Closed Thread