Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is this enchanter trick
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Probably a Druid/Enchanter duo who know what they're doing.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main benefit of mage pet focus items is the increased fire pet life pool for longer DS burning enemies. That you can then finish with a nuke for max exp.

The mage will be sitting 90% of the time while their fire pet's DS and dmg is melting mob(s)
That HP increase comes with a level increase, which is everything related to pet damage AND defense. So DS damage and max hit go up as well the pets actual ability to take a hit.

Just duoing with a priest that can HP buff your pet won't bring back that effective + 1 level of mitigation on Green. Mitigation might not seem like a big deal, but, besides the increased damage shield for focused fire pets, it makes surviving spell casters that much more feasible for pet tanks. Which is a huge deal in classic dungeons: and its especially important for key level ranges where pets are weak relative to NPCs in the 29-39 range.

I personally think the mage hype is over blown, unless people consider Green content to end at the level they are able to join /list for Manastone and Guise. If viewed from that perspective then mages are the best class for getting loot that will someday merge with blue.

Necros and enchanters will still be the only potential primary classes in dungeon duos that can clear guk deadside, and enchanters really stand alone in potency for every other "tough" camp outside of Guk. 49 Earth does decently with focus and slowed mobs, but mages lack one and won't have the other for a while.

I'd say bards swarming / charm kiting will destroy everyone else when it comes to leveling. But it depends on how the AE mechanics will work at launch.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

the enchanter trick is not a duo and no I wont tell everyone how to do it.
Is it classic. YES.
Is it legal. YES.

It just takes some creative thinking to figure out. There is no way im going to publicly post how it's done so 200 nerds can try and manipulate certain areas of the classic world.
Those who know, may not think it's a trick but there are a LOT of people who don't know about it. Even though it's in plain sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say bards swarming / charm kiting will destroy everyone else when it comes to leveling. But it depends on how the AE mechanics will work at launch.
At launch the AE limit will be 4 mobs for bards too.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Now that is a classic response [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I love secrets it's what make this game mysterious!
Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
increased HP doesn't amount to that many more hits.

Level 29 fire pet is level 22-26. It has between 390-510HP; let's call it 450. A 10% standard boost to HP gives it an additional 45HP or around 2 more hits before it dies. My favorite zone around that level is Sol A, Runnyeye is a close 2nd. Mobs at this level hit for up to 50, fire pet will get hit for max more often than middle of the road. Hazarding a guess but mobs in other zones around this level hit for about the same.
I've done 2 mages to 55 solo and duo/trio, and fire pets biggest benefit is tanking multiple mobs at once.

Pump mana into that little fucker and those max hits from mobs with 2 priests + mage themselves healing it converts DS damage into the priests and mages damage out. Play your cards right, and with no mana spent on roots because of zero threat from pet heals + no runners until the last mob, and you're killing very fast with no players taking any damage at all.

On green the biggest problem will likely be a lack of mobs on which to use such a strategy.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done 2 mages to 55 solo and duo/trio, and fire pets biggest benefit is tanking multiple mobs at once.
this is true. a skilled mage can chain summon down 2-3 maybe more mobs at once.

One thing to consider however when it comes to multiple mobs is .. green will have no pet window
so keep spamming /pet health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that is a classic response [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I love secrets it's what make this game mysterious!
Its no secret. People have posted about it in the past. It may even be in a guide I don't recall.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-27-2019 at 03:32 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That HP increase comes with a level increase, which is everything related to pet damage AND defense. So DS damage and max hit go up as well the pets actual ability to take a hit.

Just duoing with a priest that can HP buff your pet won't bring back that effective + 1 level of mitigation on Green. Mitigation might not seem like a big deal, but, besides the increased damage shield for focused fire pets, it makes surviving spell casters that much more feasible for pet tanks. Which is a huge deal in classic dungeons: and its especially important for key level ranges where pets are weak relative to NPCs in the 29-39 range.

I personally think the mage hype is over blown, unless people consider Green content to end at the level they are able to join /list for Manastone and Guise. If viewed from that perspective then mages are the best class for getting loot that will someday merge with blue.

Necros and enchanters will still be the only potential primary classes in dungeon duos that can clear guk deadside, and enchanters really stand alone in potency for every other "tough" camp outside of Guk. 49 Earth does decently with focus and slowed mobs, but mages lack one and won't have the other for a while.

Hate to nitpick but the focus items from sol ro don't add max levels, just hp and pet stats, nor do they increase max hit or ds. The staves of mastery add a level. Maybe they increase the odds of summoning max level pet but I doubt it.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Solo I would bet on necromancer. Ench/mage without jboots and no rez sticks just seems scary

But I think duo will blow anything else away, pick any out of ench/mage/necro
Old 09-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate to nitpick but the focus items from sol ro don't add max levels, just hp and pet stats, nor do they increase max hit or ds. The staves of mastery add a level. Maybe they increase the odds of summoning max level pet but I doubt it.
Hrm my experience going off the magician wiki for p99 back in the day always seemed to be off for focused pets max damage and DS, but maybe I've just misremembered it.
Closed Thread