Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Banned

You said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is much greater satisfaction in camping something yourself
How are you camping something yourself if you're in a group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean have other people camp it for you.
And if you're soloing then NBG doesn't apply.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-26-2019 at 03:16 PM..
Old 12-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I'm really surprised how many nbg supporters exist. While I totally understand the desire to be excellent to your group mates and go with nbg to help out some homies, I'm baffled at how ppl defend the System as 'fair'. It excludes people who worked to achieve the item from getting a chance at it. That's not fair at all.

GBN is fairest because it allows everyone who participated in the kill a chance at the sellable loot items.

You can disagree with either system on a personal level, but can't convince me that nbg is the fairest system, because that's furthest from the truth.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-26-2019 at 03:20 PM..
Old 12-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping together isn't the same as someone doing everything for you.
Yes it is lol. If you're in a group but only you get the items then they're literally doing it for you.

Read your own words:

Camping Something For Yourself

Now if you wanna help some guildies or friends just to be generous then cool. But its wrong to expect others to do it for you then guilt trip them if they don't just hand you the item because "your class can immediately equip it."

Everyone in the group benefits equally from rolling on droppable items whether they equip it, sell it or trade it. As many people in this thread have already explained.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-26-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm really surprised how many nbg supporters exist. While I totally understand the desire to be excellent to your group mates and go with nbg to help out some homies, I'm baffled at how ppl defend the System as 'fair'. It excludes people who worked to achieve the item from getting a chance at it. That's not fair at all.

GBN is fairest because it allows everyone who participated in the kill a chance at the sellable loot items.

You can disagree with either system on a personal level, but can't convince me that nbg is the fairest system, because that's furthest from the truth.
Its because people just go with what other people tell them and parrot it instead of actually thinking about it. And because on the surface it seems like its fair to give the item to whoever can immediately equip it. But in reality its greedy.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The tears of monks when T-Staff starts dropping and they don't get it will be monumental on Green
Anyone who isn't rich would be sad about losing the roll on a 50k item.

Imagine anything you could do with that plat and replace it with T-staff.

That's what you lost the roll on.

Now you could say, "yeah but T-staff is rare and plat is everywhere" except that still screws others out of a chance at getting what its worth and anything they trade it for.

But I think most people get it now.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicpotatoes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The word you're looking for is solipsism.
I was leaning towards sociopath, but either seem applicable.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was leaning towards sociopath, but either seem applicable.
That's the go to word for dumb people who fail at logic.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Perhaps those players on Red have the right idea (and going with Eve Online) - if any item drops and people want to be greedy about it, then have everyone become player versus player and let the winner takes all. Let players earn it instead of how most groups usually consist of one or two people doing the heavy lifting while the rest occasionally do something while semi-offline.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Damn I read the first 3 pages of this thread and then I jumped to page 10 and now I am here and I must say.

Hazek you are pretty mad about this.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn I read the first 3 pages of this thread and then I jumped to page 10 and now I am here and I must say.

Hazek you are pretty mad about this.
You should see their posts on Rants and Flames. Truly historic. One of the funniest threads I've ever read.

Note: Nordok is Hazek.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=344861

Which btw, Nordok didn't you say you were quitting the game? "...EQ causes me to stray but thank God He help me quit again with two bad pulls to catalyze it. My characters are already deleted."

If you deleted your characters and quit the game, why are you so enamored with the forums?
Closed Thread