Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

Default Is having a “Dragon Alt” worth it?

Are only a few guilds dominating naggy and vox?
Regardless do most guilds not even do this?
Like if I had a 52 would I be the only one in whatever guild to be bothering (and I can't raid it alone)

I was always gonna get my 56 warrior to 60 and my 45 bard to 52.

Back in the pre velious days I was lead to believe a dragon alt was common practice.

But as you may have seen from my TT post the consensus seems to be that to do any fun camps the best thing to do is to get the bard higher levels.

Wondering if it's worth abandoning the Dragon alt dreams or perhaps just getting my 31 Shammy to 46-52 instead to free him to level.

Trouble is I'm lazy as hell and hate level grinding as is, unless I can mix it on with a plat, faction or item camp

What do you all think?
Old 05-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I could be wrong, as I am not "in a top guild," but I think that those who do it have this alt that was 60 and got some kickass gear and then was just sacrificed down to 52 for the express purpose of kicking Naggy and Vox's butts.

So, yea, not to sound like a debbie downer, but, you're probably SOL.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Not worth it unless youre going to join a raiding guild and plan to stick around the server for years. Also make a cleric or rogue alt bc they lvl fast, gear out easily and can double as CR toons.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

I have two and I can't even join a raid guild. I think of them as a completionist challenge. since characters over 52 get booted out of naggy/vox. It's a unique cut off that's not seen in the game elsewhere that I can think of.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

N/V alts are worthless
You can still get dkp for buffing on a level 60 and excluding that you're usually not missing out on more than 10 dkp or so
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-12-2020, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

I mean if you're leveling an alt anyways, you might want to stop at 52 for a little bit to try it out, but bladestopper and prayers of life were the only really valuable things and those are useless now. So now it's essentially only racing for a chance at cloak of flames or a white scale, and there are usually way more worthwhile things to race for in the spawn window.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Eh I wouldn't aim towards it. It's just something that happens when you're max lvl and bored. You will eventually make an alt or two and stop it around 40-45 then be like.. Hey I'm gonna join a raid guild for my main! then BAM you wanna try naggy/vox so you level that pooopy alt you set aside to 52 and gear it up.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Naggy was just chillin w Rokyl last week
Old 05-17-2020, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Most people by now have a 52 alt for naggy and vox. Again, it's blue, so having TWO alts that can sit at both perma and in solb is the most ideal. The run to perma is a bummer yet, you can move your single 52 alt back and forth between both dragons.

I have a monk as my 52 naggy/vox toon. Been toying with getting my 46 warrior to 52 and then continuing on with the monk as another 60 toon but not sure yet.

So, in a DKP raiding guild (one that you earn points as currency based on participation) you definitely need a lvl 60 character that you are "maining" and attending 99% of the raiding content to earn DKP. Then play your 52 to acquire that naggy/vox loot if that's some what of what you're after. Yet, at this point, I know a lot of top guilds /random 100 cloak of flames but things like bladestoppers are DKP based. Sooooo.....yea... that's kinda the setup. Yet, 60's are usually always welcome at naggy/vox raids for buffs and taking care of adds on quick engages - so classes that can dps or heal or port is still viable on 52 "only" raids.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

I have a rogue alt parked at Vox permanently, since it's a lot harder to mobilize for. I didn't start the rogue thinking he'd be a Naggy/Vox alt, but I kinda burnt out on gearing/leveling a rogue at around lvl 50. The 51-60 grind is so long that I think people just naturally stop leveling at around lvl 50 anyway for their alts they don't care too much about.
Closed Thread