Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

I agree warriors can kill anything but their ability to get to and clear camps wouldn't be as easy which i think was one of his main concerns.

I was able to solo chottal, shout out to sekushii for helping me clear room. I cheesed it and he solo'd the pet for me. Took a reaper and one sf charge, could have done with pet i think but it would have been annoying and required 2-3 more sf charges. I also had c2 and vog.
Last edited by Pint; 06-07-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Old 06-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Give cliff golem a try, Pint. I'm curious how they stack up with Chottal.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

I think opmeter established that cliff golems is possible if you just run through soulfire charges. I want to try fungi king next i think. I think his healing would make it a marathon.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

I haven't tried since the latest 2h patch but cliff golem is warrior soloable with just a disc.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry for the mild necro, but this is a really fun thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed the vids Bbeta linked. Does anyone know of similar videos for high end melee (SK, PAL, WAR, RNG, MNK) play? Preferably solo dungeoning wrt the thread topic, but anything would be cool.

I've looked around twitch, but really suck at finding anything. I'm frankly not sure whether the UI is just unusably bad for search, or I've graduated to tech-inept old person.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long time no speak (had a 6 hour brain surgery last month but damn glad to be alive!); most of ya guys know me. It really surprises me that, with a group of extremely smart gamer nerds, it took until page 7 before someone mentioned a warrior.

I can confirm, in a monk/monk/warrior trio with a messed up pull with 1 monk dying and the 2nd having to zone with 3-5% hp, I was able to get off a clean tag on the fungi king. I was then able to solo the fungi king without much of an issue as a warrior. The monk who lived flopped back down to find the king at 35% and me at 55%-60%; at that point I had a slight net hp gain.

The essence of solo EQ is damage mitigation. Period. Why shamans, necros and to a lesser extent enchanters and monks are such powerhouse solo artists. A warrior, with the right gear and right way to play him, is right there in the chase.

Warriors have by far the most mitigation of any melee. Out of every 9 minute period, we are able to take 50% less damage. 33% of your time having that is rather broken when you stack it with the utility various procs provide. If you have the right weapons and gear as a warrior you can solo things only Shamans, Necros and Enchanters can pull off. Don't believe me?

Equipment you need:
- Pre-Nerf Fungi Stick & Fungi Tunic. You're now regaining as much hit points as an iksar monk.
- Journeyman's walking stick - gotta stick a tash for later procs on high end solo hitlist stuff
- A willsapper (preferable with the 35%) or Koi trident for the early slow
- A truncheon of doom to then land the big 50% slow
- A razor fang of xygoz to land the mark of karn next
- However many dots you want to try to stack - i usually go for 2-5 depending on hardness off the mob. IIRC, i stacked 4 on that fungi king
- Then you swap in a scimitar of lifestealing 150pt lifetap mainhand and a jaelaens katana 80 lifetap offhand.

You should be able to proc all 4-9 procs, including dots, within a 1.5 to 2 minute period. Most times when all the procs are landed, I'll drop defensive - because even without defensive a warrior will be regaining hitpoints with this set up vrs the Fungi King and Emp Chottal. 100% of the time, first hand confirmed.

So as a warrior we have:

1) The most raw damage mitigation potential - not even factoring how broken defensive makes it to land all the procs you need. I would venture that a BiS warrior takes 90-92% of the received raw dmg as a BiS iksar monk. With an extreme example of the right equipment, a warrior can self regenerate as much as that monk. The long term monk healing over the duration of the fight will be significantly less than a warrior's though simply because of the 150 pt lifetap compared to 80 pt (scimitar of lifestealing vrs gharns) - in addition to lack of offhand lifetap for monks. Thats a TON of lost hitpoints from the -70 lifetap mainhand and 0 lifetap offhand.
And when you start running the in depth numbers, the mark of karn off the razor fang miitigates another 2% or so.

2) Far and away the most versatility. I will say that a ranger comes close, but the lack of lifestealing weapon procs, combined with their rather abysmal mitigation makes them pretty low on the melee solo totem pole.

I'm not going to lie - I don't do nearly the DPS a monk or even a palladius/heartwood pally or SK would do with my solo set up (mainly due to scimitar being 9/18... I've played around with Jalaens MH and a bloodpoint offhand but the mitigation drops significantly). But I don't have to do as much DPS when I'm mitigating the received damage as such a higher rate. The name of the game is solo challenge, not speed solo challenge.

The only major drawback as a solo warrior is the pulls - not sugar coating it. You have to know your class inside and out, know the zone and exactly where the proximity and body agro planes are along with a little luck. But I can and have solo'd down to NG, Disco 1 and Chef/Bar area as a warrior - without using a single expendible item clickie. Some OT hammer procs I'lll grant, but not a single charged item. When I got 2 or 3, I calmly pop defensive, rooted the casters, exited LoS and solo'd down the melee.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Not much else for me to do besides read at the moment- playing video games right now gives me a horrible migraine unfortunately. But hell I'm alive! I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back and play. <3 all you guys. Life is too damn short - value what you got.

Kental Cowtipper, 60 Warrior

TLDR; Warriors are insanely underrated solo artists with the right collection of gear and a little skill.
so step 1: aquire 1mil+ plat legacy item
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-22-2020, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Or roll an Iksar warrior and get a ring 10. Bout the same difference.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:10 AM
Kobold

The limitations from the OP are hilariously arbitrary. It's not okay to use a 700p Reaper of the Dead, but naturally, it is okay to use every single clickable, proccing weapon no matter how rare and valuable?? Was the point of this to brainstorm an achievable goal for the OP? If so, I hope you have several million plat and a key to Sleeper's Tomb lying around. Otherwise, you can probably do it with any 60 melee and a bag full of the usual clickies.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or roll an Iksar warrior and get a ring 10. Bout the same difference.
Gnome war is the obvious choice here. Their 40% spell haste will put them above any other war race from a solo perspective. Also the tinkering armor will give them 25 more dex than any other race. Problem is the root nets are annoyingly expensive to recharge nowadays which will make dealing with regular adds a pita.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks for letting me ramble. Not much else for me to do besides read at the moment- playing video games right now gives me a horrible migraine unfortunately. But hell I'm alive! I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back and play. <3 all you guys. Life is too damn short - value what you got.

Kental Cowtipper, 60 Warrior

TLDR; Warriors are insanely underrated solo artists with the right collection of gear and a little skill.
Good read. Glad you're still kicking.

I'd still like to get a Willsapper at some point but I'm at next to no play time myself right now. I also am at a point where there is so much else I can/should/want to do that I'm not sure if I will really ever play seriously again. These days I generally just show up for angry roll and solo some camps in seb and chardok that I can mostly afk at.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Closed Thread