Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Insofar as I know any monster which can drop corroded armor pieces can drop any of the pieces. I obtained my own in there, years ago. The "plate house" is by far the quickest reliable means of obtaining corroded plate.
Then I take it the bp and legs just sell for so much because they're rarer?

Well, if there are Pugs at Plate House, I'll give it a try when I'm done leveling in Paineel. Hopefully at 50ish Plate House can still give exp as well.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then I take it the bp and legs just sell for so much because they're rarer?

Well, if there are Pugs at Plate House, I'll give it a try when I'm done leveling in Paineel. Hopefully at 50ish Plate House can still give exp as well.
The chest and legs drop less frequently and are also more in demand due to being harder to replace with non-set items. You seem to under-estimate the level of opposition in Kael Drakkel; most armor-dropping giants are blue at 60 and the final giant in the "plate cycle" /cons even to level 60. I've done that area single-group but everyone in said group was level 60. At 50 you can expect to most likely be part of a small raid, meaning you should go for loot, not necessarily for experience.

Danth
Old 07-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The chest and legs drop less frequently and are also more in demand due to being harder to replace with non-set items. You seem to under-estimate the level of opposition in Kael Drakkel; most armor-dropping giants are blue at 60 and the final giant in the "plate cycle" /cons even to level 60. I've done that area single-group but everyone in said group was level 60. At 50 you can expect to most likely be part of a small raid, meaning you should go for loot, not necessarily for experience.

Danth
I solo'd that place on my 65 Pally on PEQ Grand Creation with no issues. My assumption was that it was mainly a 40ish zone with enemies that con green at max level and have roughly 2k hp each.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd that place on my 65 Pally on PEQ Grand Creation with no issues. My assumption was that it was mainly a 40ish zone with enemies that con green at max level and have roughly 2k hp each.
No Kael isn't quite like that. Lots of blues and long fights in Kael even at lvl 60.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-05-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Kael isn't quite like that. Lots of blues and long fights in Kael even at lvl 60.
So it really is a Raid zone then, basically, like Skyshrine, VP, PoHate/Fear/Sky, etc?
Old 07-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Yes, Kael is a raid zone. It's the city of the giants in velious just like Skyshrine is the city of the dragons in velious. Raids happen there. Like most raid zones, it's also possible to do some content with a smaller group. You should try and join people doing plate house or 4way or arena, sometimes those are groups and sometimes those are raids.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 07-05-2020, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, so assuming I do go after my own pieces then, where should I go for "gem" groups that can drop every gem type needed except maybe flawless diamonds?

(or where can I solo for the gems assuming any of the mobs that can drop them are Undead?)
Old 07-05-2020, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Perhaps consider that with the exception of BP/Legs, all of the thurg plate is pretty cheap to find MQs. 500-2k (at the highest) per piece. Make sure you take your helm to that dude in icewell for the cool customization
Old 07-06-2020, 01:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Okay, so assuming I do go after my own pieces then, where should I go for "gem" groups that can drop every gem type needed except maybe flawless diamonds?

(or where can I solo for the gems assuming any of the mobs that can drop them are Undead?)
Wakening Lands is likely your best shot with Suits of Sentient armor (lvl45, 5870hp) but I’ve only seen Druids and Wizards quadding, or Enchanters and Bards charming there. Don’t expect to find a group here as it is a typical solo spot.

Geonids (lvl44-47, 6500hp) then would be your next option in Wakening Lands. Be careful because the shaman can mess up your day in those caves. The caves are big enough to support a couple people solo or a few small groups.

Ultimately these gems go for ~100pp each, and are very random in their dropping. I spent maybe 2-3 levels at Suits of Sentient Armor keeping 6-10 mobs down each ~14min cycle (read: fast, plentiful farming with nobody to share loot with) and even though some gems I’d have 10+ of, others still might be at only 2. I know for sure in the 50’s you can earn the PP way faster than you can reliably farm specific gem types.