Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default Remove the grouping Hybrid-exp split!

People are already pitchforking the Hybrids, who will have a hard enough time of it on their own with the experience penalty!

Give us the patch that normalizes the grouping-exp-split from server launch so these guys don't have to deal with the persecution!
Old 09-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

No
Old 09-24-2019, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

P99 had non-shared penalties at first. It sucked. The wife had to repeatedly suicide her cleric down to keep similar level to my Paladin. The group-averaged experience split is far preferable.

Danth
Old 09-24-2019, 05:28 PM
Banned

My answer to this would be to add all these overly invested chumps to your ignore list every time somebody acts up about a knight joining the group..
Old 09-24-2019, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

It will be a issue, but leave it in. Its classic and it will let those that want insane hardcore beast mode the opportunity. Will separate the hybrid men from the boys.

Speaking as a troll SK from day 1 of live EQ
Old 09-24-2019, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My answer to this would be to add all these overly invested chumps to your ignore list every time somebody acts up about a knight joining the group..
It will be FAR more common than you think, unfortunately. How often do you see Druids and Wizards invited to high-level groups on Blue? And that's merely because they're not ideal, not because they're actively slowing the progress of the group!

Hell just removed the Hybrid penalties altogether to be honest! Or cut em down from 40% to 20%!
Old 09-24-2019, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will be FAR more common than you think, unfortunately. How often do you see Druids and Wizards invited to high-level groups on Blue? And that's merely because they're not ideal, not because they're actively slowing the progress of the group!

Hell just removed the Hybrid penalties altogether to be honest! Or cut em down from 40% to 20%!
While I do understand the hardcore players point of view, I don't choose to play that way.. And honestly, groups of random classes always make for some excitement!

That being said, last weekend 2 folks were LFG in Chardok. We had room for 1 more in my group.. I chose the wizard cause he /ooc'd first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hate me or love me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just enjoy the game, and it's sad there are folks trying to be the best at everquest 1999.....

Reminds me of that Kenny Powers quote- "I play real sports, Not trying to be the best at exercising. Fuck this guy"

I miss you Kenny Powers
Old 09-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I do understand the hardcore players point of view, I don't choose to play that way.. And honestly, groups of random classes always make for some excitement!

That being said, last weekend 2 folks were LFG in Chardok. We had room for 1 more in my group.. I chose the wizard cause he /ooc'd first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hate me or love me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just enjoy the game, and it's sad there are folks trying to be the best at everquest 1999.....

Reminds me of that Kenny Powers quote- "I play real sports, Not trying to be the best at exercising. Fuck this guy"

I miss you Kenny Powers
I agree with you entirely, but MANY people do not. Even back in the day on Blue people would refuse Hybrids due to the xp-sharing. It's gonna be worse early on G99, sadly, because nobody is gonna wanna feel like they're slowing their progress and falling behind the pack.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Somehow I managed to level a Paladin to 50 when P99 was pre-Kunark, then a Shadow Knight to 60 during Kunark. If I can do it, anyone can.

My recollection was that Rangers had the roughest time, and that was as much because everyone thinks Rangers are weaklings as it was due to their experience rate. On the flip side, nobody cared about Iksar Monks in spite of their worse-than-a-hybrid penalty. Moral of the story: people can be dumb.

Danth
Old 09-24-2019, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you entirely, but MANY people do not. Even back in the day on Blue people would refuse Hybrids due to the xp-sharing. It's gonna be worse early on G99, sadly, because nobody is gonna wanna feel like they're slowing their progress and falling behind the pack.
I know brotha haha, i know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Funny how you can feel like you're falling behind in a game that will never end...
Closed Thread