Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you didn't get Costco loot
lol, close!

Turns out the run on dishsoap was triggered by a hiccup in the local walmart supply chain (turns out walmart accounts for 15% of procter & gamble US sales, heh.)

@Danth While your comment is surely true, I'm still gonna avoid offending Cecily today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be inspired to make another weakpost to RnF and I might could aim that one at TMO.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

I see TMO a few times in these comments. I'm old and don't know the reference. What ya mean by TMO?
Old 06-24-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see TMO a few times in these comments. I'm old and don't know the reference. What ya mean by TMO?
The Mystical Odor
Old 06-24-2020, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, close!

Turns out the run on dishsoap was triggered by a hiccup in the local walmart supply chain (turns out walmart accounts for 15% of procter & gamble US sales, heh.)

@Danth While your comment is surely true, I'm still gonna avoid offending Cecily today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be inspired to make another weakpost to RnF and I might could aim that one at TMO.
Should I be offended about someone making fun of the online group of people I used to play a video game with 8 years ago?
Old 06-25-2020, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I be offended about someone making fun of the online group of people I used to play a video game with 8 years ago?
Yes
Old 06-25-2020, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

You know what? How dare you? Just because I was gleefully complicent in helping The Mystical Order stall the progress of a thousand other players on the server doesn't make me the bad guy. In fact your implied use of "guy" as a gender neutral pronoun, while meta ironically using it in the male sense is at best a thinly veiled transphobic microaggression and, more likely, yet another attempt to silence me as a woman on this patriarchal platform.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:48 AM
Sarnak

We are about due for some female gms and higher ups aren't we?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 06-25-2020, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

It's still not as bad as my local CVS. Whoever controls the inventory management system there needs to be fired, like, last year. They are out of stock on everything even in non-pandemic times.

Surprisingly, Amazon Fresh has been pulling through for me in a big way. 32 count bags of Quilted Northern TP (better and more cost-effective than Charmin), 16 count bags of Bounty paper towels, and giant refills of Scott wet wipes.

Long live Jeff Bezos, money god.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's still not as bad as my local CVS. Whoever controls the inventory management system there needs to be fired, like, last year. They are out of stock on everything even in non-pandemic times.

Surprisingly, Amazon Fresh has been pulling through for me in a big way. 32 count bags of Quilted Northern TP (better and more cost-effective than Charmin), 16 count bags of Bounty paper towels, and giant refills of Scott wet wipes.

Long live Jeff Bezos, money god.
If that crotchstain and his money god buddy Bill Gates would stop with throwing their money at politics I'd be a lot happier. They both remind me of Hot Fuzz and Animal Farm wrapped up together.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that crotchstain and his money god buddy Bill Gates would stop with throwing their money at politics I'd be a lot happier. They both remind me of Hot Fuzz and Animal Farm wrapped up together.
They're doing a time-honored American tradition: screw over everyone but yourself to make ungodly amounts of money, then spend some fraction of that money (while still living a disgustingly opulent lifestyle) to also buy "max faction for your character" (ie. a good name in the history books).

You know Carnegie Melon university? Started by Andrew Carnegie and Andrew Mellon, both of whom were doing the exact same thing as Gates and Bezos. Stanford University? Leland Stanford. Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, etc. all did the same to "buy their good name" ... and rich people are going to keep doing it, until everyone else wizens up and realizes that no matter how much money the rich give away, they are still pieces of shit if they got their wealth in a scummy way in the first place.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread