Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 12:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure why a fix hasn't been made. Epics have been around since Kunark.

So lets be honest here... Every player commenting here that has any clue of what is actually going on knows that new players creating mages have a slim to ZERO chance of ever obtaining their epic as it currently stands.

People have been Idling at the stairs since Hate was released. This is nothing new. If we aren't going to police it, the drop rate needs to be increased to preserve the integrity of the game.

Good luck finding a group of neckbeards with several alts willing to park their toons at the stairs for a 750k item just to give it away. Also, how many new players use fraps? Are we really expecting new players to our server to play detective?

The drop rate on the earth staff needs to be increased similar to what was done to Venril Sathir and the wizard epic to improve the integrity of the game. The staff has done a great job with these issues, and I am sure this will be no different as long as people stay vocal about it.

Increase the drop rate on the staff to drop almost every time like VS, and this crap will stop when the price plummets.
I think part of the problem is that the Mage epic is the best epic in the game hands down. Is there a better epic that better enables the character to do content?
Old 04-19-2019, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspa0700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's adorable how badly you want my attention.
Plane of hate was why I left aftermath why are you involved?
Old 04-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think part of the problem is that the Mage epic is the best epic in the game hands down. Is there a better epic that better enables the character to do content?
Raiding would be intolerable without cleric epic. It's the only one that is needed in the end game.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Rogues are significantly handicapped without RB. Mages can definitely get by with focused 52+ pets. Mod rods and coth for end game.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Just train them and call it a day.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues are significantly handicapped without RB. Mages can definitely get by with focused 52+ pets. Mod rods and coth for end game.
You can do pretty decent damage with droppable weapons + 36% haste VS Ragebringer.

Epic mage pet DPS is like a level 60 rogue with ragebringer.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed, the epic is suuuuper strong, especially to a level 46-55 mage. And/or to a mage with clicky boots and a boom stick... But, there's a bunch of equally important and powerful epics out there, which are FAR, far, far, far easier and cheaper to get.

I think the real issue is: The Earth staff is so rare that there are simply not enough tangible instances of "right place, right time" mages on p99, like there are Monks or Druids or Clerics or Rogues or Shamen; guilds loot the staff and loot council the hell out of it EVEN when players are spending their hard-earned DKP. Having quested the epic 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 on live with my Mage, I can attest to the supreme lack of epic mages on p99 being disconcerting and 'not classic' - whatever that means.

But, I'm just a filthy casual these days anyway. There's probably some nerd-core spectacle Mages doing amazing things out there with clicky Jabober on 'roids that the server staff is protecting us from by means of making the staff a real MewTwo.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Sadly the epic pet is low level and not suitable to do good dps vs raid level or high level targets. It is good for levelling zones though - ironically its the best in the hands of a casual mage trying to lvl through the 50s.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

How dare any of you get in the way of these brave players pixels!

It's really all they got. If you deny them the satisfaction you will be making P99 a unsafe place.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

The cleric epic is the most broken epic in the game because it's effectively Call of the Hero for 0 mana. Summoning a level 60 player to you who can then use all of THEIR epics, spells, abilities and damage is more valuable than all other epics combined
Closed Thread