Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Red face Why can't red1.0 guilds like Apex and Perdition

Join forces every once in awhile and try to kill the stuff everyone cries about the most?

Do you think it's possible?

How long would it take to clear NTOV?

Why not save ur pvp battle for afterwards. IMO there should be like 10 guilds of like 15 ppl each with the pop we have and there should just be a real UN were several guilds share DKP for pve, that way everyone can have their cool cliques and guild tags and pvp titles and then promote server health by helpin each-other play EQ when the time comes to set asside differences and destroy the noble dragons of norrath who totally don't deserver to die just as pixel piņata, but thats what everyone wants, so who am I to argue?

Even better that UN could award individual playerds DKP based on untwinked alts parked in low lvl zones to fosters newb pvp battles. So like Rawhide geared pallies with dwarven ringmail and screaming maces and SBS in CB. Ya get dkp based on YT, 5 for dying, 15 for winning.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I wouldn't know I'm not in either guild nor good at this game or able to sustain an army of alts in rags also I don't want to ruin my NTOV faction).
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-26-2020 at 09:43 AM..
Old 12-26-2020, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Drugs
Old 12-26-2020, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

I agree if these guys wanted to make red 1.0 fun they could probably do so. But there’s a desire to make sure the server isn’t enjoyed because that’s just what staff wants us to do.

I had an idea for a short forum essay about the merits of eq pvp versus all the other pvp games that I was going to write for all the bluebies to build some hype. Next time I’m bored at work so probably Monday.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like people are sheeping.

Bring back nihilum 2.0

It's funner to have a 'big bad' that actually does stuff and is crazy for the server 'health' than a bunch of angry nerd ragers following dreams of 'domination' and 'winning'.

Also gives the nerd ragers and underdogs a legitimate target other than 'just the other guys'. Red needs a 1%
Old 12-26-2020, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Because most nerds here have been around so long they either:

A) have had their account stripped or character/items deleted.
B) get mad over PvP.
C) have too much pride
D) some or all of the above

There’s a lot of short tempers and long memories on R99 which makes it hard for a number of people within the officer role of both guilds to do this.

Hope that helps

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Last edited by Yumyums Inmahtumtums; 12-26-2020 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: Mistakes
Old 12-26-2020, 04:13 PM
Banned

Because when you attach your entire being to your r99 toon(s) it's hard for you to find the fun in EQ anymore so the only thing you have left is destorying other's fun.

PvP in EQ doesn't need to be so polarised as it was on Red99, it was this way because of crazy personalities that inhabited the positions of power...aka people who had the time to spend 18hrs a day playing.

I personally never understood why people couldn't just PvP over dragons and have fun and be gentlemen about it but after time you realise that there are people on this server that actually shake IRL if they die in PvP.
Last edited by White_knight; 12-26-2020 at 04:28 PM..
Old 12-26-2020, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

The people crying about PvE stuff not dying are almost exclusively people that don't play here or from other EMU's.

Stop taking what they say as representative of how the server actually is.

Please understand that most of the killable mobs that don't die right now, including some of the rooted dragons, is because there is a lot of pvp over those encounters.

It could even be argued that the PvP has been a more engaging as there isn't a shower of NTOV pixels reigning down primarily on one side.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Banned

bring back the zerg for 2021
Old 12-26-2020, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

I mean there is competition. We got 50 dedicated dudes all the time. That’s a pretty good amount. If the server had more going on it would easily be 200s like it was for the first couple years. Whatever the next rule set is is going to be good.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:28 PM
Aviak

Basically everyone in those 2 guilds is open to some collaboration except for like Tune and a couple others who try to emulate him (Concealed/Twainz etc)