Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for pro tips and advice. button mashing as mentioned is easier than repeated perfectly timed and rhythmed controlled presses.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

I don't make macros and neither do I double-tap each song (stop/start). I just stop current song by pushing "1," then start next song by pushing "2." What if I want to play Song 1? Then I stop current song by pushing "2," then start next song by pushing "1." It's kind of a rolling motion. No idea why no one else has ever talked about this.

Twisting: 1...12...23...34...21...12...23...34...21...

But for real, someone should make a video of a bard's hands playing the bard. I'm not doing it soon...maybe someday.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgrams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
part of the trouble with bard is that your keypresses are consistently timed and patterned. it follows a rhythm and the rhythm never really changes. that is, at least for me, what causes wrist trouble. like a repetitive stress injury. i can spam keys all day long and mash buttons so long as they are wild and inconsistent, but the repetition fucks my wrist up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GDPmA4lyE

this is the best video of a bard on p99 that i've seen. as you can see he does much more than press 1,2,3,4. no hand cam tho.

bard is probably the most diverse small group control class p99 offers. other than enchanters, though i'd say half of their complexity is just their high risk.
I have this specific issue with swarm kiting. I can time my dots pretty well, and land them even switching instruments at the same time. But 15 minutes into the kite my hand on my mouse starts getting cramped up from right click turning for so long, and I end up dying because of it.

SO, a video of someones hands while swarm kitting would be very interesting to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2021, 12:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't make macros and neither do I double-tap each song (stop/start). I just stop current song by pushing "1," then start next song by pushing "2." What if I want to play Song 1? Then I stop current song by pushing "2," then start next song by pushing "1." It's kind of a rolling motion. No idea why no one else has ever talked about this.

Twisting: 1...12...23...34...21...12...23...34...21...

But for real, someone should make a video of a bard's hands playing the bard. I'm not doing it soon...maybe someday.
This is effectively how I have played my bard from level 1, been playing since December 2019 and I'm level 53 now.

To expand on this setup - set all your key binds to 1 = song 1, 2 = song 2, etc. Then I just tap 1 to start song 1, then tap 2 to stop song 1 and press 2 again to start song 2. Basically the same, but to keep my brain on track, I stop the previous song with the next song I want to play so I don't forget.

Played groups for over a year up to level 50, and now almost 100% swarm kiting in BW. Look me up in game if you need help. Name is Principion.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:50 PM
Kobold

Hold RMB and left or right in your keyboard to initiate a strafe, pickup right hand while still holding these buttons and press enter. Let go of buttons. You don't have to hold RMB anymore, welcome to strafe cruise control
Old 02-22-2021, 06:00 PM
Banned

1 2 3 4

and a lot of clicking
Old 02-23-2021, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

the maximum potential for playing bard is just pressing 1 button every 3 seconds, most of the time you wont even be playing more than 2 lol
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-23-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCatharsis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is effectively how I have played my bard from level 1, been playing since December 2019 and I'm level 53 now.

To expand on this setup - set all your key binds to 1 = song 1, 2 = song 2, etc. Then I just tap 1 to start song 1, then tap 2 to stop song 1 and press 2 again to start song 2. Basically the same, but to keep my brain on track, I stop the previous song with the next song I want to play so I don't forget.

Played groups for over a year up to level 50, and now almost 100% swarm kiting in BW. Look me up in game if you need help. Name is Principion.
This is what most bards do. I've heard it referred to as "double-tapping." My only critique of this is, it is faster to type "12" than it is type "22."

We've all seen bards argue about whether to double-tap or use /stopsong macros. I'm saying there's a third and better way, which is rolling. 12, let song 2 start, 23, let song 3 start, 34, let song 4 start, 21, let song 1 start, 12...
Old 03-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what most bards do. I've heard it referred to as "double-tapping." My only critique of this is, it is faster to type "12" than it is type "22."

We've all seen bards argue about whether to double-tap or use /stopsong macros. I'm saying there's a third and better way, which is rolling. 12, let song 2 start, 23, let song 3 start, 34, let song 4 start, 21, let song 1 start, 12...
Yurp. This is what I do. Tap my number keys to get all my songs off. I've never done the macro way but my fingers have also not developed carpel yet so we good I think.

Question, when people who macro have songs fail, how do they correct? When double tapping, I can just re-tap it instantly.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

/stopsong macro doesn't negatively impact the re-click of the song. So you just reclick it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread