Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 01:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default end-game content

I started about a month ago and I'm having fun thus far. I have a level 25 necromancer. Now that Velious is released I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm going to never really be able to access end-game content and get into raids. I've been told that a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow is very important and I feel like I now have a time limit on getting that item. However, I tried to get the SK Treants camp for two days and it was always held down by someone with far better gear than me. I don't see how I can hold a camp down against people who are years ahead and can gear out their alts far better than I can gear my main. If I can't hold down a good camp then what chance do I have of ever getting enough platinum to be able to play end-game content? I know I'm supposed to be playing the game just to have fun, but I can't help but feel that I get less fun out of the game when it seems like there's a ceiling on the progress I can ultimately make.

Now I prepare myself for the posts telling me to stop whining or to join Red. I know that I'm likely overblowing these issues, I just wanted to put them out there to get some feedback. At this point I feel like I should just focus on leveling and not worry about getting platinum until 50+, but at the same time I want to get a Circlet of Shadow before it gets nerfed. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:24 AM
Aviak

I'm assuming you're on the blue server. Your statement about velious just releasing is a bit confusing. If you're on green and doing treants that means you spoke about kunark? Glad you're a necro. Great class and great potential. There are a lot of camps on blue you can do for cash. You talked about the treant camp. Great potential for money. 2 spawns. You can go to many other places, and ones that have better facilities close by for disposing of your loot, getting spells/training. Depending on your race (darkelf/iksar/human/erudite/gnome).

Darkelf has close access to Freeport/neriak for immediate banking. areas with your level of mobs needed for xp close to you. very little of najena but still some mobs there you can get xp on. If you're not a min/maxer for time vs effort. Solusek A would be another good choice. Goblins drop finesteel, blocks of ore, reagents that are stackable and when you sell a stack it's decent plat. (lavastorm dungeons). now if you are able to go to befallen and get very slim xp from 3rd level mobs if any you can still do the reaper of the dead quest. basically only darkelfs are able to do this with regularity. sells for quite a bit.

Iksar have many areas for xp. lake of ill omen, warsliks woods, parts of swamp of no hope for outdoor zones easily zoned to from the city. field of bone is the most popular of the newb areas cabilis has. but you can also go to the overthere through warsliks to kill mobs near that zoneline. though i'd say loio has more potential for mob killing at your level. various drops in these areas not all that great. though goblins in warsliks have chance of spawning grachnist and a chance at his earring. (good sell). loio also has rare spawns for a ring that's clicky invis to animals (another good sell).

gnomes if you consider close to their home they can go to mistmoore castle. fine steel bronze armour good money or they can venture a bit farther and go to unrest.

i'd not suggest human or erudite necromancers. they can't see very well at night. getting lost in a zone and taking a wrong turn if you get too much to handle can be a very nightmarish proposition for the corpse recovery.

or you can do what so many do. get a port find a place you want to go bind close by and go to town killing stuff.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:43 AM
Banned

keep grinding and playing and you can get anything (except warder loot)

now a days, pretty much anyone can raid (even if you have no experience), I am assuming

you play on the blue server and there are plenty of casual raiding to fit your playstyle

Trust me, you don't need uber gear or any type of gear to play the game..though some items are considered like a "must have" such as CoS for necro or Fungi for Monks etc but it is not a huge deal

if you don't have those items. If you are feeling like you "can't" keep up, just realize that p99 is locked at velious. Plus most of the time when raiding, the only actual essential gear would be resist gear or pots

I started a paladin from scratch on this server when velious was only 2 weeks from

launching and I did absolutely fine. Now I have full skyshrine, my epic, etc

don't feel left out if you can't get to raid content...this is a slow game, it will take time

People don't play on p99 just to do end game content, they do it to experience classic again

My advice:
Keep leveling, necros are one of the best soloers

You can get to a high level and head to cities and kill guards for plat
Last edited by Tunabros; 12-07-2020 at 12:48 AM..
Old 12-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Based on comments about the CoS, I'm 98% sure this person is playing on Green, not Blue. They just misspoke about Velious (=Kunark). Everything they wrote makes about 1000x more sense on Green.

That said, your question has, effectively, been answered. You don't need great loot to hold down camps, you just need to be lucky and find them empty. You don't need great loot to raid... and at that point the loot is coming.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

Don't stress over plat yet, just get 60. By that time, you'll have plat for a prenerf CoS even after it's nerfed.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:21 AM
Orc

Just play the game and have a bit of fun. Very few items are game changing and there’s very little difference between the haves and havenots in these eras of EQ.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonivose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I prepare myself for the posts telling me to stop whining or to join Red. I know that I'm likely overblowing these issues, I just wanted to put them out there to get some feedback. At this point I feel like I should just focus on leveling and not worry about getting platinum until 50+, but at the same time I want to get a Circlet of Shadow before it gets nerfed. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Nope. You don't come off that way and we have had some trolls on the board who roleplay as new but start talking smack right away. Don't get yourself confused with message boarding. You are overblowing it a bit, you can raid naked if you really wanted to.

Circlet is instant click invis, aside from being convenient it does nothing. Play the game and worry less about the min/maxers, they are correct many times but its just a way of playing.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

CoS allows you to FD, get up, invis immediately, and not get agro after, that's why they're 30k post nerf.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Let me tell you something that may hurt, but it’s for your own good because I care about you. You will never be able to compete with the neck beards and autists. They have more time and desire to be at the top than you could ever imagine. These are the type of people that will stare at a wall nonstop for a weekend waiting for a dragon to pop. They have no family, no job, no worldly responsibilities.... nothing.

Everquest is a huge time sink. It’s not a game you can play an hour here or an hour there. It requires a massive amount of time commitment to be able to get to the highest level with the best gear.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:25 AM
Kobold

Buy some platinum fire wedding rings for some hp's and don't worry about gear for your necro. You don't need gear as a necro to level.

Praise Amun!
Closed Thread