Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 01:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a reasonable question, really.
Thanks! Just dinged to level 18 two days ago and I immediately switched out chords for denons. I'm thinking I might now rotate both dots with just the horn. I dunno if my hands can handle swapping instruments every few seconds.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey all,

Recently returned to EQ and rolled a bard. I am 12 right now and about to head to Unrest to begin to learn to bard kite.

I have a couple questions. First, does Kelins Lugubrious Lament keep working for 18 seconds after clicking it off? (So, can I in essence use it on 2 or 3 mobs?) And same question for Chord of Dissonance...if I twist it with other songs, does it keep ticking on a mob after the /stopsong portion of my macro?

Thank.you!
Old 03-18-2021, 10:18 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolithe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a couple questions. First, does Kelins Lugubrious Lament keep working for 18 seconds after clicking it off? (So, can I in essence use it on 2 or 3 mobs?) And same question for Chord of Dissonance...if I twist it with other songs, does it keep ticking on a mob after the /stopsong portion of my macro?
Yes. This is the essence of why bard twisting works at all. Nearly every song is a buff or a debuff, and once they're cast they follow the same mechanics as other buffs/debuffs in the game. From a mechanical point of view, continuing to play a single song is just constantly automatically reapplying the buff/debuff before it can wear off. Bard twisting is essentially the same mindset as a shaman juggling regen and haste on the tank while slowing and dotting the mob, we just cast faster and our stuff wears off quicker.
Closed Thread