Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clickfest was never a matter of skill. A group of people, about 4 or 5, would use .ini file editting and autoclickers to win.
I won my scout roll by proper placement of my toon and spamming the f*ck out of my mouse, I'm sorry if that didn't work out for you. But it worked for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Large Bat

Been playing this game a long time. Clickfest is shit. The few rolls I attended were superior, everyone was civil towards each other, everyone helped each other. I vote yes.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Based on the status of the vote, it looks like the only people against the agreement are the vocal trolls in this thread, representing a small slice of the overall population.

Yes vote from me because there are TONS of camps/targets to compete over. A very small handful have player agreements in place (Sky, Ring War, etc.), and I think those agreements promote a healthier server, provided there are only a few of them.
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Not sure how this would ever be enforceable whatsoever unless Sirken ruled on it. You do realize there are players who don't even read these boards right?

Honestly if someone just wanted to clickfest instead of roll they could right?
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been playing this game a long time. Clickfest is shit. The few rolls I attended were superior, everyone was civil towards each other, everyone helped each other. I vote yes.
This is how bad laws get passed through congress. Surface value says its for the greater good... but the details tell a different story.

This proposed new agreement has nothing to do with avoiding the click fest.

OP is trying to change the rules to force the winner to be the one to loot.

Don't pass a bad bill.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Congrats on winning click one of the few times <Savage> wasnt there?

The thread isnt about clickfest at all, isntead this has been a discussion (well I tried to make it a discussion) about how to make it a good roll.

As stated above, OP is only trying to change rules to give himself better chance at loot, end of story.

Roll = ownership of mob, extremely simple.

vs

Roll = ownership of mob, only if you deserve it, according to a select criteria of which is not disclosed, and if arbitrarily accepted by one random person in forums who decides who gets what loot, is not simple and is not fair.
Last edited by Legidias; 10-06-2017 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Voted no because OP was coming unglued and abrasive and generally douchey. If someone more calm and distinguished like Skarlorn or Cloki proposed some terms I would vote yes.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurflogik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on the status of the vote, it looks like the only people against the agreement are the vocal trolls in this thread, representing a small slice of the overall population.

Yes vote from me because there are TONS of camps/targets to compete over. A very small handful have player agreements in place (Sky, Ring War, etc.), and I think those agreements promote a healthier server, provided there are only a few of them.
currently there's 41 votes to Yes and 17 No votes

58 votes total.
70% vote for yes
30% vote for no

You say it's only a "small slice" and "it's only the vocal trolls." 30% is not a small slice, dude.

I'm obviously in favor of opening content up to the general public, as I spearheaded the Open Naggy/Vox agreement for this server.

This idea is just not going to fly in the p99 scene. You have 3/10 people disagreeing on a roll, which is about the same as it was when Velious dropped. This camp is not changing. It's going to be BiS for eternity on a server of autistic basement dwelling stay at home sons who don't stop at getting BiS on their character, or even their second character.

This thread is getting trolled because it's a futile idea proposed in an untimely manner and anyone who has been around long enough to have a sense of the server will know that this is just another shitpost starting with OP.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THen you show up 2 mins before spawn, ooc "not rolling" and turn in. This is you you either need 100% agreement among players or a GM enforce rule.
Can, has, and does happen. The last time I saw it, everyone had rolled, some <savage> members, that had not rolled, made there way to the spawn point and it became a click fest. Everyone that had rolled began to click. The person that won the click had lost the roll, and yielded the disk to the roll winner. The clickfest had been purely to enforce the roll and limit the chances of the roll dodgers from interrupting the process. And it worked, granted it's not so obvious every time, and you can't always band together to win. And people won't always be so stand upish when things degenerate like that. But, the proof is in the pudding, I've tasted the pudding, and it was good.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

I already decided in forums and posted that I alone will dictate who gets what items, when will GM's respond and ban all these people selling items??!?!?
Closed Thread