Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve always wanted to play a cleric but have never gotten around to making one. I legitimately enjoy healing in groups. I’m afraid CH chain for raids might give me aids though. That’s the one thing that has kept me from making one. Sooner or later I’d feel compelled to participate in the 111 222 333 ...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-31-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, ch chains aren't a ton of fun. Also easy to point fingers at when they screw up and duck when they shouldnt have.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Skeleton

So I think I've definitely decided no pure caster. Leaning Warrior, Monk, SK, or Bard. Maybe slightly leaning bard more than the rest.

My thoughts.

Rogue: Seems a little too simple
Warrior: seems more sought after and better end game than SK and needs much less XP. Maybe a little too simple
Monk: sounds like FD and pulling take skill and can make you stand apart from the rest. While I hate to sound like a min maxer it sounds like a non iksar monk wouldn't be worth it? Would it be better to wait for Kunark?
Bard: Extremely busy but very rewarding, useful in many different ways/situations. Ranger: never gets mentioned, I've read many threads on here that basically say master of none but good at a lot. But I did see someone mention that once you get 55 it's an extremely fun class to play.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you are a bard everyone will fight to have you in the group on raids. Can't get enough bards.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thoughts.

Rogue: Seems a little too simple
Warrior: seems more sought after and better end game than SK and needs much less XP. Maybe a little too simple
Monk: sounds like FD and pulling take skill and can make you stand apart from the rest. While I hate to sound like a min maxer it sounds like a non iksar monk wouldn't be worth it? Would it be better to wait for Kunark?
Bard: Extremely busy but very rewarding, useful in many different ways/situations. Ranger: never gets mentioned, I've read many threads on here that basically say master of none but good at a lot. But I did see someone mention that once you get 55 it's an extremely fun class to play.
My critiques:

Rogue: yes simple, but fun, worth a look.

Warrior: simple to do wrongly, moderately difficult to do well. However warriors are crazy expensive. I am 100k into mine and still feel weird playing him cus he is not done.

Monk: Human monks are fine, dont feel like you have to roll an Iksar. Expensive to gear out, but unlike warriors they perform well with mediocre gear as well.

Bard: I am not well versed, because I have never leveled one beyond 20, but every high end bard I have ever known loves them.

Ranger: only class in the game less important than a druid. Would not recommend. There is a reason they are famous for eating Death Touches.

I noticed you didn't mention any priests, but you may want to take a look at cleric or shaman. Both are expensive at high levels, but can perform very well with little investment at lower levels.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Having played a rogue on live... Rogue has some mechanics you can't find on other characters at all.

Backstab, Pickpocket (most rogues end up Master Looter), Pick Locks, Disarm Traps (although, until imo LDoN, this was pointless; same with Alcohol Tolerance), Hidesneak, Evade, Secret Handshake...

(Aside: One of my favorite moments on Live was someone springing a booze trap. I was the only person to level AT and it paid off - I could actually communicate with other players for the next 15 minutes.)
Old 08-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed you didn't mention any priests, but you may want to take a look at cleric or shaman. Both are expensive at high levels, but can perform very well with little investment at lower levels.
Since my main will be chanter I'm wanting this char to not be pure caster.
Closed Thread