Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: While you're here, what are you most eagerly awaiting?
Ashes of Creation 2 1.90%
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen 70 66.67%
Saga of Lucimia 0 0%
Chronicles of Elyria 0 0%
Amazon's Lord of the Rings 12 11.43%
Other 21 20.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Age of Sigmar: Battle for the Mortal Realms
Old 10-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone asked me the other night on Twitch what games I was looking forward to, and I had nothing. Doom Eternal, maybe?
I will pass on HALO doom, just because it has a metal guitar and makes kids feel badass doesn't mean it is. At least they didn't make DOOM guy a chic like they are doing for the new movie..

They can't even make devils look like devils.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will pass on HALO doom, just because it has a metal guitar and makes kids feel badass doesn't mean it is. At least they didn't make DOOM guy a chic like they are doing for the new movie..

They can't even make devils look like devils.

I though Doom 2016 was fun.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-28-2019, 01:01 PM
Large Rat

I'm with a lot of folks - the newer games just don't click as much with me. I still raid Tuesday nights in World of Warcraft, but overall feel no desire to log in. Green is itching a lot of those old itches - challenging world content that demands you work with others to survive (especially as a Warrior).

I was honestly so excited about Everquest Next though - the idea of sophesticated learning AI in a sandbox world intrigued the hell out of me. I'm quite saddened they couldn't make it work in the end, but I'm looking forward to the future of MMOs implimenting this kind of technology.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Banned

Default LionO parkours his way into the vacuum of WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was honestly so excited about Everquest Next though - the idea of sophesticated learning AI in a sandbox world intrigued the hell out of me. I'm quite saddened they couldn't make it work in the end, but I'm looking forward to the future of MMOs implimenting this kind of technology.

vs.

Cute EQNext got its head ripped off by the EC Griffin then was scatted onto the ground where it belongs.

Team Griff
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-28-2019 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None. New games suck. The most hyped crap nowadays was already done 10-20 years ago with more polish and taste, just worse graphics.

I'd rather replay 20 different old games like baldurs gate, half life, final fantasy tactics, kotor, vtm: bloodlines, splinter cell, thief, or play on emulators like city of heroes homecoming, Shadowbane emu, p99, etc, than pay for shiny new games that are almost always shells of these classics.

What class you playing on Green?
Old 10-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

vs.

Cute EQNext got its head ripped off by the EC Griffin then was scatted onto the ground where it belongs.

Team Griff
Heh - I was OK with the art direction, as it's reminiscent of Pathfinder RPG but I'd have been fine either way. What interested me far more was the systems that they were working on. Truly next level stuff like learning AI that exceeds its programming and adapts itself based on player actions.

Imagine while camping Orc Highway, you suddenly get flanked from behind by 5 orcs because you just sat there attacking from the same spot, not changing your own tactics - and after 10 orcs getting slaughtered, the Deathfist Chieftain be like: "Something's not right here - scout it out." And you didnt notice the scout they sent from behind you, peeking over a dune, making your position and coordinating an ambush. So in response, you need to start engaging in hit and run tactics to keep killing... and overall as your tactics prevail over theirs, their influence in the zone wanes, allowing the Freeport Militia and the Indigo Brotherhood both to claim the Orc Highway for trade... which then becomes a firebed of activity between the two of them, where players are forced to pick between supporting the Free Port Militia, the Indigo Brotherhood... or even working with the Orcs they were just killing because, well, they're desperate now - diminished in numbers and willing to turn to anyone who'll help them kill their enemies.

This was the kinda thing Everquest Next was promising and I'd have freaking loved it - they probably realized they couldn't deliver however.
Last edited by UMCorian; 10-28-2019 at 02:24 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was the kinda thing Everquest Next was promising and I'd have freaking loved it - they probably realized they couldn't deliver however.
The unreleased Warhammer Online MMO promised such stuff too. Such promises serve as alarm bells.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:12 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The unreleased Warhammer Online MMO promised such stuff too. Such promises serve as alarm bells.
It is - but this kind of innovation excites me all the same. I work in Technology, and I see the innovations that are coming and - in fact - already here in AI... and I know it's only a matter of time before this stuff is adapted into video games, particularly living games like MMORPGs.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Banned

Default heavy substance abuse.

Quote:
Heh - I was OK with the art direction, as it's reminiscent of Pathfinder RPG but I'd have been fine either way. What interested me far more was the systems that they were working on. Truly next level stuff like learning AI that exceeds its programming and adapts itself based on player actions.

Imagine while camping Orc Highway, you suddenly get flanked from behind by 5 orcs because you just sat there attacking from the same spot, not changing your own tactics - and after 10 orcs getting slaughtered, the Deathfist Chieftain be like: "Something's not right here - scout it out." And you didnt notice the scout they sent from behind you, peeking over a dune, making your position and coordinating an ambush. So in response, you need to start engaging in hit and run tactics to keep killing... and overall as your tactics prevail over theirs, their influence in the zone wanes, allowing the Freeport Militia and the Indigo Brotherhood both to claim the Orc Highway for trade... which then becomes a firebed of activity between the two of them, where players are forced to pick between supporting the Free Port Militia, the Indigo Brotherhood... or even working with the Orcs they were just killing because, well, they're desperate now - diminished in numbers and willing to turn to anyone who'll help them kill their enemies.

Last edited by Mblake81; 10-28-2019 at 03:26 PM..
Closed Thread